Sign in to follow this  
FlightLevel180

Best headset for Squawk Box/ VATSIM?

Some controllers seem to hear me okay, but several have commented in how static/broken my comms sound when flying online.

Any suggestions on a really god headset/mic? I prefer 1 ear or at the least 1/8" mini jack. Thoughts?

What are you using right now? And what are you system specs?

Static/garbled could be a number of things. It could be your sound card, it could be that you've setup your pilot client incorrectly etc....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma and it's awesome.

Pros:

- Wear extremely comfy

- Sound if very great, so understanding controllers will be easy, also for music and other things the sound is just great.

- Mic is great

- It's got its own soundcard on the end of the wire. Simply plug the two small jacks into that small soundcard (yes it's very small), on the other end is a USB connector which you plug into the PC.

- Not too expensive, 50$

Cons:

- None

Conclusion: buy it!

:smile:

I have a Steel Series headset and I can confidently say that it is by far the best headset I have ever purchased.

Just a warning - Plantronics is JUNK.

Sennheiser. Love it. Quality of the mic and headphone is second to none in the priceclass.

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma and it's awesome.

Cons:

- None

Conclusion: buy it!

:smile:

Cons: £50 from Amazon in UK. Way too expensive for headset.

10.00 Wall Mart special and they say I sound excellent! Probably has nouthing to do with you headphone/Microphone. Voice server bandwidth is usually the culprit or numerous settings. Heard this question many times and people go out and buy 100.00 head phones and have the same issue