All the airports of the region are modeled in PNW, and modeled pretty darned well. Not to the realistic detail of the addon airports of course. None of the enhanced airports we've been mentioning are "included" with PNW, although you can get Bowerman and Vashon Island as freeware downloads and both are excellent. As I said, Bowerman is one of my favorite airports, period.

All of the ones mentioned can handle the Islander just fine, and that is a fun plane to fly in this area. I've flown it a lot. There's even a nice San Juan Airlines skin for it that will make you feel right at home.

@Bill, thank you for that H/U. Sadly with Google's recent policy change of farming searches, emails or anything else to do with Google, I now try and avoid using it as much as I can, so do not have Google Earth, but have had a look at the coverage area in the manual and generally get the picture. Additionally, you have more or less confirmed for me that the airports/airfields you guys have been mentioning about so enthusiastically, are not duplicated herein to the extent as the stand-alones.

@Griphos, None of the enhanced airports we've been mentioning are "included" with PNW, thank you for this statement. That is just what I wanted to know. So, now I know what to get.

Thanks to both.

As for freeware, there is also Portland cityscape too!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just bought Cairns, NZ South Island(my brother has a place in Queenstown), PNW, Ketchikan, Concrete. What a hit to the ole CC!

Thank you gents for all the recommendations. Now looking forward to some fun.

Rick, as others have mentioned - now that you have PNW, don't forget to DL and install the free Bowerman (KHQM). It's an excellent payware quality airport and really anchors the region, especially for IFR guys as it has a variety of IAPs.

Also, you mention Ketchican but I don't recall seeing that you have the Pacific Fjords region. As with all Orbx airports, PAKT needs the underlying region to be installed in order to work as intended.

Scott

Hi Scott

First, a great, great big Thank You to you for pointing out my error. Did not realise that Ketchikan would require the Pacific Fjords to function properly. I thought that as it has been recommended it would do as a stand-alone airport. Now, thanks to you, I still have the time to purchase the Fjords before it is too late. And additional thanks for recommending the Bowerman. Did not realise I could get it as free download.

It's guys like you who save the bacon of others.

PS. Looking at Howard's post, he in fact did acronym PFJ+PAKT, but I failed to make the connection.

Thanks for the kind words, Rick. My knowledge is pretty limited compared to some of the incredibly experienced guys around here, but I've been the recipient of an amazing amount of help from the community, so if I can pass on a tidbit now and then to help pay it back, I'm pleased to do it.

BTW, I think you'll be glad you added PFJ, though larger airports are pretty spread out as you go north. And since you'll have PFJ and PAKT, once the CC recovers check out Tongass Fjords from FSAddon. PFJ is designed to mesh seamlessly with it, and it adds some great flying north from PAKT, with a couple of payware quality airports like Sitka, AK thrown into the deal.

Enjoy the new scenery!

Scott

Thanks for the follow-up. I too am like you in that I believe in 'what you give on the swings, you gain on the roundabouts'.

I reckon that ORBX are to sceneries what PMDG are to aircraft, IMHO but could be shot down.

I also highly recommend Tongass Fjords. It's Orbx quality, and has a LOT of wonderful little airports. Sitka, for instance, is a personal favorite.

Learned Gentlemen!

Okay, a day before the end looms nigh, have finally acquired the following from ORBX:

• NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest
  • YBCS Cairns International
  • PAKT
  • NZ South Island
  • NA 3W5 Concrete
  • NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords
  • Already have Darrington which is such sheer joy to fly from----finding it is proving to be difficult as the terrain is so stupendous.
  • Already have Fall City
  • Already have CE4

So, following the advice received herein, have I more or less got some good buys here? Must agree, some of the NW airports I discovered are indeed far better than the default. I can now see why people get hooked on the VFR route. All I now need is to take a look at some of the prop aircraft suggested herein.

Thanks for all the advices.

Folks,

All month I have been debating on whether or not to buy KBVS-Skagit while on sale. After reading several posts I figured it might be too taxing for my system with Anacortes – 74S. While pondering on what to do , I ended up buying PAKT, OS9-Jefferson, S43-Harvey Field, W52-Goheen, and 7S3-Twin Oaks to my existing sites. Thank goodness this sale is about to end. Well, I am really not bragging on all the $$ I spent or saved. I guess it is how you look at it. I am just afraid my wife might find out and then she will want an equal buying spree. Oh well, as time ticks away “what the heck” using Stephen’s phrase go on over to Orbx and buy Skagit.

Regards to all that are enjoying all the money we saved in April.

Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, Carl, we all who saved AUD$, or £p, or US$, owe a debt to the OP who gave us that H/U in the Bargain Hunters Forum, which after Avsim restored it to its former place at this particular website, has been proved to be the right thing to do.

And besides the money well-saved, of which I will donate a %age to Avsim, speaking for myself, I have through this sale discovered some cracking Pacific NW US and Canadian sceneries. Little wonder this month's edition of PC Pilot gave Darrington a 95/100 rating. Done nothing but fly my props out of there.

And besides the money well-saved, of which I will donate a %age to Avsim, speaking for myself, I have through this sale discovered some cracking Pacific NW US and Canadian sceneries. Little wonder this month's edition of PC Pilot gave Darrington a 95/100 rating. Done nothing but fly my props out of there.

Hi Rick,

Yes, I love to fly in and out of Darrington. It is also very frame friendly. I did pick up Skagit and took a little trip between Annacortes and Skagit to check it out in my little columbia 400 and was plesantly surprised that I didn't take that much of a hit with I7-860, 2.8ghz pooter. Stayed in the low teens to 30 frames (locked). One note, I could have saved a few bucks if I had bought all of my airports in the early part of the month since the US $ has dropped in the exchange rate for the AUS $.

Looks like I have some good flying ahead of me checking out all the sites in CRM, NRM, PNW and PFJ.

carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I too noticed how friendly the FPS were, and my rig is nowhere what I call super-class. I'm enjoying getting a chance to see some good Pacific N-W sceneries, and it's brought a diversion to flying the 'heavies' all the time. I can now have fun with my Islander, or the Navajo, or the Baron58 instead of being sat cooped in the hangar.

Pity the US$ dropped against the AUD$. Still, the way I look at it, according to piece of philosophy an old man once imparted to me in Kansas, of all places, ' Buddy, a dime in my pocket is better than a dime in the next fella's'. You get the gist?

Have fun and enjoy.