Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Dear ORBX

Dear Customer,

There are just 5 days left to complete your Orbx collection at nearly half price. After that, Orbx will be moving to a consistent price model without any discounts or sales on their online products, ever. Take this opportunity because it wont be coming around again.

Dear Orbx,

Thank you for your E-Mail. It warms the heart of my bottom.

As a long time customer, let me take this opportunity to inform you that I will no longer be a long term customer, ever!!

I am moving to a more consistent purchasing model, so i can no longer offer you my credit card details, ever!!!

In closing, I hope your profits are not affected too much by my purchasing decision, as normal Orbx practice is to offer pre pay in one hand, and discounts to non pre pay customers in the other hand, so that brand new BMW the big cheese always wanted might have to be downgraded to a Suzuki Alto.

I am gutted about that.

You have 5 Days to absorb the contents of this E Mail, It won't be coming around again, EVER!!!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

LOL about your answer...

Orbx will be moving to a consistent price model ......what is a consistent price model??....will their future consistent prices model be lower $$ wise compare to their today's reular prices?

Can one lower the price of an item without calling it a sale?

Time will tell.

Great reply He%20He.gif

Now what's that saying? "Never say Never"

Christmas/Jan it was SBSL are a fix pricer per airport etc END OF STORY and now.... :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Lets not go here again....... Oh wait! Why not? Even if it's just for a cheap shot.... :wink:

Consistent with the pre-pay debacle would be to make the new "consistent price" .....even lower than the current sale price.... :LMAO: :LMAO:

BTW nobody seems to have told the pilot shop here in the UK about this. As the current download sale has been on they've been offering 3 for 2 on Disc versions of some of the software :Thinking:

Geoff.

Geoff Brown

"A consistent price model"

Might that be a subscription model?

Would make an awful lot of sense IMHO. Guarantees them regular income, keeps the subscriber up to date with the latest and greatest and, of course, no future hassles with sales etc.

Even Adobe has seen the light and now allows you to subscribe to their Creative Suite. Doesn't give them a major instant cash injection, but obviously improves long term guaranteed cash flow and allows the subscriber to spread the cost in these chastened times.

Just speculating and if you're reading this Orbx and I'm wrong, how about it?

You could maybe offer pricing for all regions, a series of regions, or just a single region, with all add-on airports provided in the selected region(s). Discounts based on how many regions/airports you already own.

BTW nobody seems to have told the pilot shop here in the UK about this. As the current download sale has been on they've been offering 3 for 2 on Disc versions of some of the software

Well spotted, Geoff. As a buyer of a lot of FS Addons from them, I get regular mailshots from them, and when I spotted that Buy 3 for 2 offer, I could not help suppress a chuckle as I worked out that having just bought 6 add-ons directly from ORBX this week alone, I have still saved more than that 3 for 2 offer.

I always think it's a crazy thing to do in business to say 'never again.' To actually be selling retail products, tying yourself into a corner by never offering those products at sale or discount is crazy! When a product is old and has been around for a while, then it makes sense to drop it's price. It entices new customers to try out a product that they may not otherwise have done and in doing so opens up the potential for new customers. It also keeps regular customers loyal to the brand and keeps their interest in the products simmering rather than going stale. Never offering products at a discounted price is a strange decision IMO, but hey... BTW, I hope this isn't going to be another thread that goes south, with doing nothing other than becoming a platform for kicking a certain individual. I think there has been enough of that...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I always think it's a crazy thing to do in business to say 'never again.' To actually be selling retail products, tying yourself into a corner by never offering those products at sale or discount is crazy! When a product is old and has been around for a while, then it makes sense to drop it's price. It entices new customers to try out a product that they may not otherwise have done and in doing so opens up the potential for new customers. It also keeps regular customers loyal to the brand and keeps their interest in the products simmering rather than going stale. Never offering products at a discounted price is a strange decision IMO, but hey... BTW, I hope this isn't going to be another thread that goes south, with doing nothing other than becoming a platform for kicking a certain individual. I think there has been enough of that...

Déja vue all over again and I don't think we need to kick down a certain individual, to be perfectly honest with you, his game plan is fantastic....

To be fair to ORBX I think they did listen to their customers on the SBSLs matter for example as it is now free.... or is it because other companies were doint it... :Thinking:

What ever they do does not really matter, we all know what will happen....

Hi Alain, I think you're right about the SPSLs issue. Not only was there a lot of disdain around this forum, but also from within the Orbx forum. You can stand by what you believe are the right principles and business plan, but if everyone around you is saying otherwise, and I mean virtually everyone, then I think to continue is foolhardy to say the least Nail%20Biting.gif

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Alain, I think you're right about the SPSLs issue. Not only was there a lot of disdain around this forum, but also from within the Orbx forum. You can stand by what you believe are the right principles and business plan, but if everyone around you is saying otherwise, and I mean virtually everyone, then I think to continue is foolhardy to say the least Nail%20Biting.gif

I think a certain individual is proving everybody wrong, why will you ask, just start a poll (that does not mean you will get truthfull answers or that everybody will answer) to see who got some Orbx sceneries on sale and how much they spent....

Again, before somebody jump on me I will repeat what I always said, Orbx sceneries are some ofthe best, as for me, I will not talk out of both side of my mouth, to each is own, and I say this with no animosity what so ever.

By the way guys, what I posted was tongue n cheek, I did not send that to Orbx. It is just my sense of humor which is slightly warped.

I actually purchased Coffs Harbor, and Canberra, during the sale so one can never say never. I agree with Alain, the ORBX stuff is darn good, and I am addicted to there addons.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hmmm, my point Alain is that I think the SBSL issue was a BIG mistake and have always held that belief, which of course is held by many, even though I may have been a little less forthright about my opinion on their forum. I do agree with you about their sceneries though, IMO they are simply the finest available. I remain with a foot in the Orbx camp and hopefully will continue to do so. I won't cut my nose off to spite my face as I enjoy their sceneries far too much and also enjoy the forum. Having said that, although I have experienced the odd remark from so say person, I have not been on the receiving end of some of the remarks that many other guys around here have had, maybe if that had been the case my opinion would well be different.

Howard

Howard old friend, don't get me wrong here, my statements was not about pointing fingers at you or others, like I said before to each his own.

I saw this idioms written a lot in here "I won't cut my nose off to spite my face" .....it's a little lame, I think a better one will be.... "They got me by the balls". :shok:

I can understand that as my wife....never mind.

:Peace:

"They got me by the balls". :shok:

I can understand that as my wife....never mind.

:Peace:

:LMAO:

Howard

actually purchased Coffs Harbor, and Canberra, during the sale so one can never say never. I agree with Alain, the ORBX stuff is darn good, and I am addicted to there addons.

Hi Julian.

Need your advice. Have just bought 6 sceneries(see another thread) from them in the last 4 days.Today is the last day of April and much as I feel that I've let my heart rule my head, and should really put a brake on my spendings with them, I'd like your opinion on Coff's Harbour.

I once met an Aussie on a trans-Australia trek and he came from there, but we lost touch after a while.

That was just a diversion from asking you for your valued opinion on Coff's Harbour before I tempt myself once more to make a last-minute buy.