Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DLC sales ranking from LIVE and STEAM

From marketplace.xbox.com but ranking on Steam is the same.

Only differenceon Steam: Starter Bundle incl. Maule and P51 is Nr.1 instead of normal Hawaii DLC :

No quantity, just ranking. At least an indicator. Not counting the free DLC (preview)

1- Hawaiian Islands DLC

2- Maule

3- P51 Mustang

4- A6M Zero

That's odd. I just checked LIVE and sorted to "Best Selling All Time" and the P-51 is ahead of the Maule (but other than that the rankings are the same). They must be neck & neck to have switched like that! :Peace:

That's odd. I just checked LIVE and sorted to "Best Selling All Time" and the P-51 is ahead of the Maule (but other than that the rankings are the same). They must be neck & neck to have switched like that! :Peace:

I check as well and it shows the P-51 ahead of the Maule. It should be noted howerever that many bought the P-51 not realizing it had no cockpit. It will be interesting to see how the Zero and P-40 hold up over the long haul - cockpit vs without.

If the P-51 is neck-n-neck with the Maule, thats bad news. It took them a fraction of the cost and time to do the P-51. If the sales are similar, that means they are getting more bang for there buck with the cockpitless aircraft.. Thats a scarry though. The P-51 is a popular aircraft, with the Maule a relitive unknown, so its not fair. I say put the P-51 up against a full 172 and see how it fairs.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The people who want more planes with cockpits might consider weighing in by purchasing the Maule, it they are that close. (if they have not already done so)

If the P-51 is neck-n-neck with the Maule, thats bad news. It took them a fraction of the cost and time to do the P-51. If the sales are similar, that means they are getting more bang for there buck with the cockpitless aircraft.. Thats a scarry though. The P-51 is a popular aircraft, with the Maule a relitive unknown, so its not fair. I say put the P-51 up against a full 172 and see how it fairs.

Its really a no brainer. Many Sim enthusiasts claim to be holding back from making any purchases of flight until they get all they want. This practically invites those with other interests to take the dominant sales position.

Poof!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thats what I have been saying all along. If the "hard core" ignore Flight, Flight will ignore them. MS will follow the money trail, and if it leads them to cockpitless warbirds? I just dont think that the current crop of aircraft is a fair test to see what will return the most money for MS. They really need a popular delux aircraft to go up against the popular warbirds. I hope we get a fair test soon with Alaska, since its going to be really cold flying outside of the aircraft all the time.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Well, if the Maule and P-51 are selling the same number of units, with the Maule selling for almost 3x the cost, it sounds like there could be more profit to be made with a full VC plane. Hopefully MS sees that too.

Funk, if you spend a ton of money making the deluxe version, then your revenue has to first cover what you spent before you get profit.

I have no idea what the sales look like, but working on an aircraft for 3 months is not going to be cheap. It wouldn't surprise me if it ran into 15-20k if you have a couple of people on the team.

As for me, no matter what platform I am using there is only one add-on aircraft I will buy and that is a 172 with VC. I broke that rule to buy the Maule because there was no 172 and because I have flown an M-5. This is a decent substitute for now.

Well, if the Maule and P-51 are selling the same number of units, with the Maule selling for almost 3x the cost, it sounds like there could be more profit to be made with a full VC plane. Hopefully MS sees that too.

The Maule may takex 3x more dev time, but only cost's twice as much. So for the same units sold, they are making more profit per item on the P-51, and they can make more products similar to the P-51 for less cost. Its basic economics. Even if the Maule pulled in the same profit, they would lean more on the P-51 since they can make more products faster, and thus get more sales. I dont blame the suits at MS for doing this, as any company is a money making venture. I just dont think that once people have 1 or 2 cockpitless aircraft, they will move on and not buy more. They dont have a lot of replay value, and cant be used on many of the missions, making there game value even smaller in the long run. Basically they are great short term money makers, but wont last long. Im confident that the P-40 sales will drop off a lot vs the P-51 or Zero since its now old news. The "Whoooo" moment has faded, and I think people want more.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I check as well and it shows the P-51 ahead of the Maule. It should be noted howerever that many bought the P-51 not realizing it had no cockpit. It will be interesting to see how the Zero and P-40 hold up over the long haul - cockpit vs without.

No it`s still Maule before P-51. It`s just the PREVIEW`s that are above, but that don`t count.

No it`s still Maule before P-51. It`s just the PREVIEW`s that are above, but that don`t count.

I'm looking at the rankings right now, sorted by "Best Selling All Time."

The list goes:

1) Microsoft Flight (the game itself)

2) North American P-51 Mustang Preview

3) Maule M-7-260C Preview

4) Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Preview

5) Hawaiian Adventure Pack

6) North American P-51 Mustang

7) Maule M-7-260C

8) Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero

9) P-40

10) P-40 Preview

I'm looking at the rankings right now, sorted by "Best Selling All Time."

The list goes:

6) North American P-51 Mustang

7) Maule M-7-260C

8) Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero

9) P-40

10) P-40 Preview

Indeed... but wait.

It`s localized!!!

The german link shows THIS http://marketplace.x...tBy=BestSelling

Looks like the german customers are more selective

Check again- the Pay P-51 is ahead on the list-

The list goes:

6) North American P-51 Mustang (Remember many bought this with out knowing it didn't have a cockpit)

7) Maule M-7-260C

8) Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero

9) P-40

10) P-40 Preview

Just read my post above you.

And what about Steam? is it also different in different countries?

Just read my post above you.

And what about Steam? is it also different in different countries?

I see, that's interesting-wonder what the stats look like from Japan?