Sign in to follow this  
GPHowell

Which non-VC Warbird should I try?

P-51. Fast, not very nimble. You can also go very high with it (37K) and brake the sound barrier in a dive.

Zero is slow, very nimble. Cant climb high or dive well.

P-40 is in the middle. Not as fast as the P-51, but more nimble. Not as slow as the Zero, but less nimble.

With the P-51, you can get two achievements you cant get with the others. Curviture of the earth (32K I think) and Mach 1 (in a dive).

Overall, I would say visually the P-40 is the best modeled out of them. P-51 is poorly modeled and textured, and the Zero's model is just bad, but has a nice texture.

BTW, I did not and will never buy any of these 3. I simply wont support cockpitless aircraft, even if it is for fun. But I wont insult anyone who like it. To each there own, and thats the great thing about ANY flight sim. We all can fly the way we want.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

P-51. Fast, not very nimble. You can also go very high with it (37K) and brake the sound barrier in a dive.

Zero is slow, very nimble. Cant climb high or dive well.

P-40 is in the middle. Not as fast as the P-51, but more nimble. Not as slow as the Zero, but less nimble.

With the P-51, you can get two achievements you cant get with the others. Curviture of the earth (32K I think) and Mach 1 (in a dive).

Overall, I would say visually the P-40 is the best modeled out of them. P-51 is poorly modeled and textured, and the Zero's model is just bad, but has a nice texture.

BTW, I did not and will never buy any of these 3. I simply wont support cockpitless aircraft, even if it is for fun. But I wont insult anyone who like it. To each there own, and thats the great thing about ANY flight sim. We all can fly the way we want.

Many thanks for the (on topic) reply. Maybe I'll go for the P-40 and give it a go...

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)

Guest ecg

Many thanks for the (on topic) reply.

Off Topic -

Gareth, Just had to inquire about your profile pic. - St. Anger.

Most Metallica fans want to forget that one...

or did you just like the logo?

Cheers,

-ed

If you are interested in war planes you should buy IL-2 1946 from steam. Its only about 10 dollars, way cheaper than any DLC's for Flight and includes just huge amount of WW2 and earlier war planes to fly and actually shoot with in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Of course graphics are outdated, but at least you can have real air combat there, and if you find it fun you can always buy the new IL-2 Cliffs of dover which looks better than Flight.

Off Topic -

Gareth, Just had to inquire about your profile pic. - St. Anger.

Most Metallica fans want to forget that one...

or did you just like the logo?

Cheers,

-ed

Ha, I like the picture and (only) one of the songs off the (generally terrible) album...

G

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)