Sign in to follow this  
Chris Kelly

PMDG 777 Information

Greetings everyone!

As a new user here on the Avsim forums, I have been lurking quite a bit, keeping up to date with the verified information given out by the PMDG team in regards to their highly anticipated release of the 777. For the new people like me, I thought I would compile a list of information that has been been confirmed by either RSR, Ryan, or another member of the PMDG team.

If I have missed something, please add to the list!

Confirmed:

• The 777 (and 747 v2.0) will be released for FSX only
  • Base Release of the 777 will be the 200LR (77L), which will be followed by the 300ER (77W) (Source - RSR)
    • Reasons for this include the extensive list of similarities between the two models, namely their engine performance
    • The additional variants will follow, provided the community has sufficient interest. From my short time here, it would appear that there is quite a backing for the 200ER.

[*]SDK, Paintkit, and manuals will all be available.

[*]Folding wingtips will not be included (Source - Ryan)

• Reasons for this are because this option never made it off the drawing board at Boeing. It hasn't been done in real life, so we're not going to get it on PMDG's 777. (Similar to winglets on the 736 according to Ryan.)

[*]Crew interactions will not be modeled. We've got the good folks at FS2Crew for that! (Source - Ryan)

[*]PMDG cannot account for every single configuration of seating available on the 777.

[*]The checklists will most likely not be customizable - we'll get the standard Boeing ones.

[*]Manual Step Climbs and Mach Restrictions will be possible. (Source - Ryan)

[*]VC rain effect is highly unlikely. (Source - Ryan)

[*]RTA is confirmed (Source - Ryan)

TBD:

• The status of Radius-to-Fix legs. (Source - Ryan)
  • The ability to run the 777 on several different networked PCs. (Source - Ryan)

YouTube Videos

I know that I've read that the anticipated release is at the end of 2012, but I can't find the source.

Until then, happy flying!

Welcome to the forums!

Holy crap. I think you got everything that we know of.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Newbies, watch and learn from Chris. Thanks by the way for taking the time to help things here run smoothly Chris.

Newbies, watch and learn from Chris. Thanks by the way for taking the time to help things here run smoothly Chris.

You can't expect every new person on the forum to be just like Chris. That's like saying every person who holds a PPL is expected to know their way around the cockpit of a 787. Though this is Chris's first post, he obviously knows his way around a forum and aviation.

Thank you so much Chris, this has even helped me! Much appreciated. I - just like most other people - much prefer compiled information in one source rather than it spread out across multiple sources of information.

I would welcome you to the forums, but clearly you've been around for a bit :)

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Welcome to the forum mate, this should be a pinned topic. Great post

Rob Prest

Welcome Chris, and thank you for such a great post! I was contemplating a similar post myself with all the known facts, I think you covered more here than I would have thought of :lol:

Alaister Kay

Damn I wish my first post was this informative. Cheers.

Rich

Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's my pleasure to make your internet acquaintance.

Yes, like some of you, I like my information in a centralized source, so I'm glad someone else has gotten some use out of it. I'll do my best to keep things updated so the rest of we newbies have somewhere to start reading.

Like all of you, I eagerly anticipate the future of Flight Sim, and no matter who takes the simulator title away from Microsoft (who seem to be giving it away in my eyes), I fully expect PMDG to be a part of the cutting edge as everything moves forward.

Cheers everyone, week's half gone! :drinks:

Welcome to the forums. Nice job on the round-up.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here