Sign in to follow this  
EddieTaute

Taxi Issue after landing

I think i have this problem. When i start taxing the aircraft goes to one side and i have to counteract with the rudder any ideas ?

I think i have this problem. When i start taxing the aircraft goes to one side and i have to counteract with the rudder any ideas ?

Violently to one side, or just drifting over time?

If it's the drifting bit, turn off the weather and see. Many people seem to forget that you have a giant sail attached to the back of the plane that the wind can push on.

Kyle Rodgers

These all sound like potential hardware calibration issues. We need more information about your configuration, addons, hardware, etc to diagnose further.

+1 If you switch to external view when the A/P is still on you will see the rudder snap to one side, switch off the A/P and all is good.

Jerry Sterner

I had this too, exactly as described above. when I didn't switch off the A/P...

This tends to be when i have pushbacked and am taxiing to the runway it will veer to the right slightly.

This tends to be when i have pushbacked and am taxiing to the runway it will veer to the right slightly.

that's normal

This thread may be dead but the problem still exists for me. When I taxi out I get stuck in a left turn, I go out side to view the aircraft and see that my rudder input is being accepted as I can see the nose wheel and the rudder match my input but the jet continues on with a mean left turn(always a left turn). Tonight I will delete my CH Manager and calibrate with FSUICP. I have not done this as I thought I read somewhere not to use that to calibrate the input devices for the 737NGX, probably mistaken I will have to look at the install guide again. This is a relatively fresh install so I hope I do not have to do the dance again. 

I am flying the PMDG737ngx, with CH Product rudder peddles, Rex essentials, Active sky, ORBX PNW, ORBX SWA, ORBX PF, SimPhysiX, Friction, PC Booster, REX Lattitude.  

i5370K, nvidia 660oc gtx, 8gig mem, 3 tb storage, OS on 64gig SSD, sim on a 128gig SSD.

In a day or so I will try to post back my results.  

Eddie, have the same issue! Does not happen with the PMDG 747, only 737. It is annoying you just made a perfect landing and you try to follow the taxi way, but you cant!

1 hour ago, maranduba said:

Eddie, have the same issue! Does not happen with the PMDG 747, only 737. It is annoying you just made a perfect landing and you try to follow the taxi way, but you cant!

Ignoring the fact that this is a 5 year old thread. Also, full names are required in the PMDG forums.

The answer is literally on this page.