Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Details unique to FLIGHT...

There a certainly many more and the list can possibly grow in the next months/years, so I hope, but the fact is that I have so far found a few very welcome innovations in FLIGHT's physics/graphics/sound/interface model.

Surely most of you are already aware of it, but I can particularly appreciate details like:

(Note: I am aware that some of these effects were indeed simulated/partially simulated by the best add-ons for FSX!!! but not on the default platform)

- Drag/aerodynamic effects of oppening doors / canopies inflight, not to mention the sound effects

- Drag/aerodynamic effects of assymetric retraction/extension of landing gear (very noticeable on the WW2 birds...)

- Correction of the long time bugged ground friction that plagued previous versions of MSFS

- Improved Weather model, including the long plagued "Fog visibility bug", winds and turbulence

- Great lighting effects

- Excellent interface, using the mouse wheel, for instance to set radio frequencies and courses on the instruments, controlling light intensity, etc...

There are yet other features that I also like, such as the excellent feel of controlling your airplanes using a simple mouse... the smoothness / easiness of installation and settings... etc....

Just a remind, when so many of you are getting disappointed with the release of yet another cockpitless model :-) Please don't forget, Spring has just started!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is that in your avatar a glider ?

If yes, you should start claiming for one because I think you would like to have one in Flight. I also think that many others would like to have one, me included.

But...wait.. a cockpitless glider does not interest me, and you ?

I have so far found a few very welcome innovations

well said! I find myself having less and less time to "computer fly" - Flight, for me, is a great quick fix. I'm getting my real world taildragger checkout now - flying on a typical hazy Ohio late spring day, I found myself thinking of how crisp the graphics and sounds are in Flight. Also, on the negative side, how the ball seems glued to the center portion of the turn and bank in Flight...

Not having put a huge amount of time into Flight the way others have, I am far from bored with it. If there was a helicopter for DLC (yes, with a cockpit) then I would not have a reason to go back to FS9...

Yep :-) my RL flying time is spent there...

I have Condor, and am very satisfied with it :-) but I would like to have a glider back in FLIGHT, preferably better than de default gliders on previous versions...

Regarding being or not cockpitless, if they could only model the yaw string, that would be great for me.... Unless a fancy GPS/Smartphone/PNS/whatever is included....

In real life, as you may know only too well, we seldom look inside, right ? ;-)

Is that in your avatar a glider ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yep :-) my RL flying time is spent there...

I have Condor, and am very satisfied with it :-) but I would like to have a glider back in FLIGHT, preferably better than de default gliders on previous versions...

Regarding being or not cockpitless, if they could only model the yaw string, that would be great for me.... Unless a fancy GPS/Smartphone/PNS/whatever is included....

In real life, as you may know only too well, we seldom look inside, right ? ;-)

I have never flown a glider, it scares me but I like the philosophy behind the glider flying, it is a matter of sensations more than instruments or whatever, am I right ?

I would really like one of them into Flight but Joshua Howard will ban each tentative of reproducing even a smartphone or GPS into Flight, especially if they fit into a cockpit.

Based on previous DLC releases, I fear this is the glider we will get:

640px-Waco_CG-4A_USAF.JPG

640px-Waco_CG-4A_USAF.JPG

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Hmm..wait..you could be right. That's the perfect candidate to fly Alaska. :Shocked: ... even if the cabin is too big and someone may think about jets sooner or later....nope it won't be released, too similar to a jet.

What about this instead ? No cockpit by nature :Just Kidding:

212g268.jpg

There a certainly many more and the list can possibly grow in the next months/years, so I hope, but the fact is that I have so far found a few very welcome innovations in FLIGHT's physics/graphics/sound/interface model.

Surely most of you are already aware of it, but I can particularly appreciate details like:

(Note: I am aware that some of these effects were indeed simulated/partially simulated by the best add-ons for FSX!!! but not on the default platform)

- Drag/aerodynamic effects of oppening doors / canopies inflight, not to mention the sound effects

- Drag/aerodynamic effects of assymetric retraction/extension of landing gear (very noticeable on the WW2 birds...)

- Correction of the long time bugged ground friction that plagued previous versions of MSFS

- Improved Weather model, including the long plagued "Fog visibility bug", winds and turbulence

- Great lighting effects

- Excellent interface, using the mouse wheel, for instance to set radio frequencies and courses on the instruments, controlling light intensity, etc...

There are yet other features that I also like, such as the excellent feel of controlling your airplanes using a simple mouse... the smoothness / easiness of installation and settings... etc....

Just to say, yes, those are among the reasons I'm still giving MS a chance on Flight. They've built what has the potential (with extensive development) to be the best true flight sim on the market. It's up to them if they decide to go anywhere with it, but the current direction would certainly have made more sense as an Xbox title.

I still have some hope.

I think a WACO troop glider would be a lot of fun. You could configure it for different weights, lots of good landing places in Hawaii and Alaska. Just put the nose down and maintain flying speed and hope for the best.

+1 Air1.

Must figure out how to handle a clandestine mission with that one

:LMAO:

Goran Arvnell

LMAO! Too funny!

Best, Michael

KDFW

Also, on the negative side, how the ball seems glued to the center portion of the turn and bank in Flight...

If it applies to the Flight RV6A, then that's okay to a degree. Short aspect ratio wings, and differential operated frize ailerons, keep yaw at minimum in turns.

I don't have this flight model, and haven't looked for comparisons to other planes.

I fear this is the glider we will get

The Aerosoft DC-3 includes a Waco to tow or be towed in. That could be a good add-on for flight - a DC-3 AND a glider. :)

Think of the multiplayer chaos fun that could be had invading neighbouring islands....

Cheers

Keith

I have never flown a glider, it scares me but I like the philosophy behind the glider flying, it is a matter of sensations more than instruments or whatever, am I right ?

Exactly Mark!!! Most accidents occur because the fancy systems that can equip today's gliders are a permanent temptation to look too much into the panel... and gliders do not have nav/strobe/landing/anti-collision lights... and most of the time, when the weather gets nice, it gets nice to a bunch of flyers, like floks of birds...

Looking fwd for a glider for FLIGHT :-). It would be great to fly in ALASKA!!!!

a link to the Portuguese Community of glider nuts :-)

Soaring in Portugal...

Main Simulation Rig:

- Great lighting effects

Just a remind, when so many of you are getting disappointed with the release of yet another cockpitless model :-) Please don't forget, Spring has just started!!!!

-Detailed building models above and beyond FSX: Boats, observatory's, radar dishes, airports.............

-Moving Trees

-Integrated Multi-Flyer: (I love the implementation)

-The in-game-store: and the ability to natively have purchases automatically integrated into the game (no muss, no fuss)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5