Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Holey Moley! - Extreme winds in Spain

Woah! It looked as if the video time was sped up when the aircraft drifted on the runway. Thanks for sharing!

It does a little eh? But either way, that's some great control on the PF's behalf. Tightened up the ol balloon knot just watching it.

Don't worry I am very relaxed, so I will end this by quoting the great Ronny The Limo Driver Mund "Whatever Duuude"

Is that anything to do with PMDG? Pot, kettle, black....... :LMAO: :Party:

Steve

Anger, hanger, hangar, who cares about spelling anyway, as long as the video is a good one, it will alleviate angst... This "hanger" business is so common on all simming fora nowadays that the US dictionary should accept it once and for all, that will help reduce anger from some: Proposed definition: Airplanes are pegged on hangers in hangars...

Well if yee think that was bad, yee should have seen Dublin this morning; Coming in after an 8 hour flight onto RW10, winds 020@29G36, CB all around and WS on short finals, now that's one way to start the day...

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

This "hanger" business is so common on all simming fora nowadays that the US dictionary should accept it once and for all, that will help reduce anger from some: Proposed definition: Airplanes are pegged on hangers in hangars...

The mere fact that lots of people spell hangar incorrectly is not a good enough reason to accept it. Or shud we jost LET peepol spppel thingz how thay lyke?

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The mere fact that lots of people spell hangar incorrectly is not a good enough reason to accept it. Or shud we jost LET peepol spppel thingz how thay lyke?

Al

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Or shud we jost LET peepol spppel thingz how thay lyke?

Al, my "proposed definition" for hangar in my post will have shed some light on my feelings - one of exasperation - to see this "error" coming back on every single forum, thread after thread, even in reviews which are supposed to be proofread... English is not my mother tongue language, but unfortunately every language is being progressively "laminated" in such a way that even the French Academy cannot stop it in France! Negligence or ignorance? Or both!

Having said that, those crosswind landings were spectacular, thanks for the link aceridgey!

To remain on topic here is another tricky but perfect 744 crosswind landing near my hometown in Zurich

Enjoy!

Well if yee think that was bad, yee should have seen Dublin this morning; Coming in after an 8 hour flight onto RW10, winds 020@29G36, CB all around and WS on short finals, now that's one way to start the day...

Came in on 34 a couple of weeks ago when we had 020@35G45 .. and i've been told theres a good pic of it.. but that was only after a 2 hour flight.. wouldn't want to experience that after 8..

Rene

Came in on 34 a couple of weeks ago when we had 020@35G45 .. and i've been told theres a good pic of it.. but that was only after a 2 hour flight.. wouldn't want to experience that after 8..

Rene

This was another A330 4 hours later landing in DUB on 34, so you can imagine how 10 was earlier....

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Yep, I was flying into dub yesterday and it was pretty bad.. It become even worse when I noticed a few ex malev 737's with no engines parked on a remote stand :(. The capt told me they've been there for some time now, but I've actually never noticed them before, maybe because it was the first time I landed in dub during the day in months, gotta love late shifts...

Yep, I was flying into dub yesterday and it was pretty bad.. It become even worse when I noticed a few ex malev 737's with no engines parked on a remote stand :sad:. The capt told me they've been there for some time now, but I've actually never noticed them before, maybe because it was the first time I landed in dub during the day in months, gotta love late shifts...

I think it's only the one Malev in DUB, there's a fair few Spanair and Kingfisher though.

They're lit up at night AFAIK, there's been special lighting put up around them, for what I'm not sure. The gusts were something fierce on Saturday, gave the pax quite the scare I think, had quite the number of relieved faces greeting me as they made their way out of the aircraft, though Go-Around's in gusty weather tend to do that to people who don't travel that often...

There's progress being made through the aircraft being stored though, about half of them have been repainted and sent out again by this stage, there's great demand for aircraft at the minute, though the 737-600s were just sent straight to the scrapper, not much demand for them at all...

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hey Ronan,

I'm flying an A330 on aer Lingus to chicago on may 10th from Dublin. Any chance you're my pilot?

Hey Ronan,

I'm flying an A330 on Aer Lingus to Chicago on may 10th from Dublin. Any chance you're my pilot?

Nope, sorry mate, I'm off work that day :biggrin: , go up at the end of the flight though and if they have a bit of time, which we usually do, they'll give you the quick tour....

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg