Sign in to follow this  
EI-ROB

PMDG Speculated Future Releases ?

The Boeing 717 would have been perfect after the 747 but unfortunately like the MD-11 its not that popular I guess and not enough of them out there.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The Boeing 717 would have been perfect after the 747 but unfortunately like the MD-11 its not that popular I guess and not enough of them out there.

I would have liked a 717 also, but then again I would be happy with them doing an MD-80 as well. I tried the CoolSky and returned it and haven't bought the Maddog just due to its dated looking VC, although the Maddog version is supposed to be pretty much a perfect MD-80 study sim, I just wish the VC was up to current PMDG standards. One of these days I will probably get the MD-11, the only thing that has kept me from it is the fact that the VC looks a little low res and plain compared to the NGX. The NGX has really spoiled me in terms of not only functionality but the VC is a work of art.

Now if they ever decide to do an L-1011, i'll be on it the day its released.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

With the number of contacts PMDG already has at Boeing, working directly with them, providing them with test data, aircraft access and allowing them to put Boeings approval on it... the 787 is certainly in the que.

Now the idea they will do something different, something unexpected.... we'll that could be anything.

But in the same presentation Ernie is referring to Robert spoke of his project management style and adding smaller projects to kept he designers busy.

This is how they gave us the J41 and the upcoming DC-6

So that "unexpected" project could be literally anything thats not as complex as their current offerings, the NGX, 747, 777 MD-11...

For all we know they are actually going to do that Fischler Storch that Robert was wary of to begin with... :unknw:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

With Boeing going for the 737-MAX, how likely is it that PMDG will do a "MAX" expansion for the NGX?

Even dumber question, how likely is it that they'd make a P-8 Posiden expansion for the NGX?

I wish they would work on the Dash8 product, at any level. There are simply no large commercial prop planes since the ATR by Dreamworks 6 years ago.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I would have liked a 717 also, but then again I would be happy with them doing an MD-80 as well. I tried the CoolSky and returned it and haven't bought the Maddog just due to its dated looking VC, although the Maddog version is supposed to be pretty much a perfect MD-80 study sim, I just wish the VC was up to current PMDG standards. One of these days I will probably get the MD-11, the only thing that has kept me from it is the fact that the VC looks a little low res and plain compared to the NGX. The NGX has really spoiled me in terms of not only functionality but the VC is a work of art.

Now if they ever decide to do an L-1011, i'll be on it the day its released.

Hi Sean would love a L1011 its been so many years and we still don't have a good add-on for that plane its a shame it would be amazing having a pmdg L1011 for there classic line up the MD-11 has been on my wish list for a long time hopefully I will be getting it sometime in may the vc doesn't really bother me that much I think its still good I of course love the pmdg 737 ngx its in amazing plane :) the md-80 is a very crazy situation we have in excellent realistic MD-80 by the maddog team but the graphics are low and needs a major revamp model and vc the coolsky is the same too needs upgrading graphics I guess you never know maybe they will make the md-80 series after the 747 v2.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I would think a 737PG (-300, -400, -500) would be easy to create for PMDG, given the basis they laid down with the NGX. Would love a PMDG PG.

Also a 757 would be a winner in my opinion. I know LDS is supposed to be creating one, but they have been at it for 6 or 7 years or so. To be honest; for my own peace of mind I consider the LDS 757 as vapor ware and if, someday, against my expectations, it gets released, I'll take a look at it. I think PMDG could create a full blown 757 and release it well before LDS hypothetically would be finished.

When taking a look at the regional market, I pray for a PMDG Fokker 70/100. I know the odds of that happening ever are close to zero, but hey I can dream, can't I.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

They had mentioned a Dash 8 series of regional propliners sometime back. And I doubt they'd do the 757/67 because they have a great relationship with Darrel at Level D and that plane (the 757) will be relased by LevelD at some point.

I hope they continue to do interesting planes that are more involved that hitting CMD at 400 feet AGL. It's fun to learn the big iron, for instance the 777 does not interest me. Just more hours in cruise and very similar flying proceedures. That's why I like the MD11 - much diffrerent, and driving the CS 707 for some vor to vor action.

Coiln

I doubt they'd do the 757/67 because they have a great relationship with Darrel at Level D and that plane (the 757) will be relased by LevelD at some point.

A great relationship works both ways, and with no 757 having arrived from Level D in the - what is it now? the seven years? - which have passed by since it was announced, I think even the most ardent defender of Level D would have to agree that's stretching the good graces of a gentleman's agreement somewhat. It is certainly about time that PMDG should be able to feel unconstrained by such a courtesy, since about the only thing which is more overdue for arrival than that 757, is Glenn Miller's UC-64 in Paris.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think I remember PMDG mentioning they were going to do a Dash 8 and 777. This is just before the NGX came out. Are they still going to do the Dash 8?

Majestic is making a New Dash 8, and have progressed quite far along but not ready for public testing yet.

They are also discussing possible McPhat libraries and even open to the FS2Crew idea.

PMDG are smart operators so I'm sure they won't put too much resources into a Dash 8 if the Majestic is at such a thorough professional level of detail that people are expecting.

There are a few screenshots and anyone who is ultra keen should check out their development updates.

Screenshots are a little old but I'm subscribed to see what comes up in future.

Their development updates here:

http://198.164.146.97/fanda/Forum/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=95fbf2fae25a63ca4c625e5008f720e6

Hey guys, so we now have the good news that PMDG will be releasing their highly anticipated 777 and a makeover of the 747 this summer.. Thats great and I'm sure we'll build up a lot of fun on those aircraft.

But having said that, what does everyone speculate that PMDG will release in the future after those projects?

Eventually they must think of developing the 787 in due time.

But what about re-doing some of the older Boeing aircraft such as the 757 and 767 family.

With the NGX now setting the expected " Standard " in the marketplace.

I'd say customers would love to get that level of user interaction with the older boeing family.

I was just watching this " 757 Lighting " video on YouTube and said I'd love to get that in FSX. But the now obsolete add ons from Captain Sim and CLS just don't offer this level of realism.

What does everyone think PMDG has planned for the future ?

Sorry guys, missed the memo. Can somebody point me toward the thread where RSR mentioned a summer release for the 777? Was it in one of the videos?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Sorry guys, missed the memo. Can somebody point me toward the thread where RSR mentioned a summer release for the 777? Was it in one of the videos?

Erm, not 100% sure, but i am pretty sure it was just a mythy runour on here, as some think becuase Beta testing is near and wont take as long as the NGX ,it should be soon(ish)

if i remember correctly, The video in Munich of the conference explained that it could be "Before year's end" , which is likely, but a summer release would suprise me...

like i said, not 100% sure on this, just thought i would give you a "what i tink i know"

Ok just making sure, because the OP said "now we have the good news.....summer release". I was just making sure I didn't miss something here. We usually have cockpit videos, lots of information about the development of the aircraft and somebody usually does some kind of pre-training video if we were following the lines of the NGX release. None of that has happened yet. I would be extremely surprised if we even made the end of the year deadline for a release. Could happen I guess. :)

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png