Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk8

Big Mistake

I made a big mistake this afternoon. I connected my 46" HD Sony tv to my FSX pc and loaded the NGX. OMG! I need another tv now. For my pc.

The tv has the same resolution as my 27" monitor and there is a slight lack of sharpness.

Now 46 inches is a little over kill for a desk I know, but now I have to start saving for a 40 inch screen tv to mount to the wall behind the desk.

Damn next I'm gonna want to drop some serious coin and build a flight deck in the spare bedroom. :D

What you really need is triplehead2go or 2 580's in sli, 3 40" tv's, trackir and a $50 gt520 powering the biggest touchscreen monitor you can find. That'll net you a roughly 9 foot wide vc.

That's what I have, only the monitors are 21" & the touchscreen is 23"

What you really need is triplehead2go or 2 580's in sli, 3 40" tv's, trackir and a $50 gt520 powering the biggest touchscreen monitor you can find. That'll net you a roughly 9 foot wide vc.

That's what I have, only the monitors are 21" & the touchscreen is 23"

Ken, all that costs.....a lot.

The average simmer here seems to barely afford an upgrade from FS9 to FSX lol.

By your logic, what I really need is a full motion Level-D sim in my apartment that runs P3D, all of PMDG's products, and connects to VATSIM.

Hey if you're gonna spend a truckload of cash, might as well go all out!

Buy a benq 630 short throw projector, a totally stunning immersion with crystal clear image. It fils a full projection screen at 6ft!!!

you will never ever go back to a monitor or tv unless you go triple monitors.

ZORAN

Buy a benq 630 short throw projector, a totally stunning immersion with crystal clear image. It fils a full projection screen at 6ft!!!

you will never ever go back to a monitor or tv unless you go triple monitors.

I agree projectors are great for FSX if you have the room for them. Mine displays a 9ft widescreen (actually a wall). I find it hard to view normal TV's or monitors anymore.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I agree projectors are great for FSX if you have the room for them. Mine displays a 9ft widescreen (actually a wall). I find it hard to view normal TV's or monitors anymore.

projectors have made big advances in technology althought the perception is the same as 10 years ago

I can turn my projector off instantly and lamp cools down in 4 miutes

lamp life has increased a lot to 4000hours and replacement $190

short throw is the way to go, Im typing this in a lazy boy recliner with the projector on a coffee table next to me and my feet are 4 ft from the projector (100") the joystick on my right and the throttles to my left. can fly 8hour leg comfortably :Hypnotized:

Rex clouds are amazing on the big screen

ZORAN

Ken, all that costs.....a lot.

The average simmer here seems to barely afford an upgrade from FS9 to FSX lol.

By your logic, what I really need is a full motion Level-D sim in my apartment that runs P3D, all of PMDG's products, and connects to VATSIM.

Hey if you're gonna spend a truckload of cash, might as well go all out!

I'm just sayin... If one 40" monitor is awesome, try 3 of em!

I tried something like that once with my Mitsubishi TV and found that the cable management was a nightmare. Plus, my wife came home from work at the moment I booted up FSX and now thinks I have completely lost my mind. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No biggie, my wife has known that for a long time

Hahaha I did the same thing! I'm running fsx on my hp 8460, and the screen is a little small. So I plugged it into my 32" samsung and plopped it on the desk. Now I sit on my chair to watch tv. The best part is I now have my laptop as an extended desktop for EFB stuff!

I have the TH2G with 3x 21.5" Acer monitors and that is plenty for me.But i am have FPS problems which is forcing(ya right)me to buy a "better" computer. At least that's what I'm telling my self :Talking Ear Off: