Sign in to follow this  
byork

The new way to Train the Speech Recognizer for "Specific Words" like Auto

I have trouble with one word and that is Auto.I have Windows 7 Home Premium,and when I right click on mIc icon as you instruct,nothing happens I have look through speach reconginition and cant duplicate what you do.I had problem with on but I prononce the word as ooon and the program understands me.However if I say idle the text comes up as auto.

I have a UK accent and had exactly the same problems, could not get FS2Crew to recognise my On or Auto. I got the On working by saying it in an American accent something like the actor John Wayne and blow me it worked.

I have since managed to re-train the Speech Recognition by using Bryan's method above, using the Speech Dictionary.

Glen

Glen

Making my first steps with Emergency NGX, I found out that all the phrases that start with "APU" cause problems for me. Everytime I say "APU" speech recognition understands something like "eight v2....". I found that I have to pronounce it more like "A P You".

The green bar shows "APU" as "A P U", so how would be the proper way to train the word. Should I spell it like one word (APU) or as three single letters (A P U)?

Another question that came to my mind. I was trying the pronunciation of problematic phrases by just looking at what the green bar gives me. But does FS2Crew listen for all possible phrases all the time? Or does it rather look for the distinct phrases that apply for the current situation? What I mean is: Let's say I want to train "Cabin Crew doors may be opened" (Another problematic sentence for me). Do I need to cycle to the shutdown mode or can I speak that sentence in any mode and see what the green bar gives me?

And one last question: Is it possible to reset FS2Crew? Let's say after a failure has happened or after I progressed to some point during the flight, can I set FS2Crew to the state that it had directly after loading it for the first time?

I trained my speech recognition (not for FS2Crew NGX) by dictating misunderstood words/phrases in to Microsoft Word, then using the Speech Recognition "correction" function". The system was getting confused between ARMED and ON, it still does occasionally despite training, must be my English accent.

Does this dictionary function allow for phrases as well as words?

The green bar shows "APU" as "A P U", so how would be the proper way to train the word. Should I spell it like one word (APU) or as three single letters (A P U)?

Another question that came to my mind. I was trying the pronunciation of problematic phrases by just looking at what the green bar gives me. But does FS2Crew listen for all possible phrases all the time?.. Do I need to cycle to the shutdown mode or can I speak that sentence in any mode and see what the green bar gives me?

1) it is spelt out as individual letters: Ay Pee You (Ay as in dAy)

2) FS2Crew listens for all phrases all the time and displays what it think was said in the green bar, but it then ignores the ones that don't make sense or are in the wrong phase of flight.

Try dictating and correcting like I discussed above. Keep dictating and correcting until it understands the phrase with reasonable accuracy.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Does this dictionary function allow for phrases as well as words?

I know that technique and used it as well. I think you can dictate phrases. Thanks for your answer.

Hello!

I'm trying to training the auto speech but I can't. I have Windows 8 Pro Spanish Language and when I try to open the Speech Recognition Tool it comes with an error, can't open it because the Win language is Spanish and the Speech Recognition language is English.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Well I'm glad I've got the bundle pack so I can use the button version. My computer can't understand a single word of my Norwegian accent, lol.

Hello! I'm trying to training the auto speech but I can't. I have Windows 8 Pro Spanish Language and when I try to open the Speech Recognition Tool it comes with an error, can't open it because the Win language is Spanish and the Speech Recognition language is English.

You need to switch your Windows language to English US first, then do the speech training, then you can switch back to Spanish Windows again (leaving the speech recognition language set to English US).

All described in the FS2Crew manual, by the way :wink:

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Hello! I'm trying to training the auto speech but I can't. I have Windows 8 Pro Spanish Language and when I try to open the Speech Recognition Tool it comes with an error, can't open it because the Win language is Spanish and the Speech Recognition language is English.

You need to switch your Windows language to English US first, then do the speech training, then you can switch back to Spanish Windows again (leaving the speech recognition language set to English US).

It's easy to change the language of Windows 8?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

According to Bryan, it should be a piece of cake. I can't help you with Win 8 though, I use Win 7 Pro.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

For some reason I can't find the microphone options. Or at least it looks different to what is on the screen grab.

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

I am getting option, but not that blue panel with the mic on it.

For some reason I can't find the microphone options. Or at least it looks different to what is on the screen grab.

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

I am getting option, but not that blue panel with the mic on it.

Are you using an American version of Windows?  

Are you using an American version of Windows?  

I am not sure, but I am from the UK.   I'm sure I have seen the mic before but it has disappeared.

I did a FS2Crew flight last night, and I found that if I sounded like I am from the USA, he would understand me. Instead of 'Orrrrtooo' I said  'Ahhdo'.

I am not sure, but I am from the UK.   I'm sure I have seen the mic before but it has disappeared.

I did a FS2Crew flight last night, and I found that if I sounded like I am from the USA, he would understand me. Instead of 'Orrrrtooo' I said  'Ahhdo'.

Maybe you somehow disabled it on your system.  Try doing a google search as it should be there.