Sign in to follow this  
ukflight

We need some ladies

Bryan - have you access to any female FOs - it would be nice to have a choice - there are an ever-growing number of female pilots these days and they should be represented (so my wife says Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif).

Having flown with a few female pilots and on one occasion a female Captain AND FO on the same flight - I'm staying out of this one :Thinking:

Glen

Having flown with a few female pilots and on one occasion a female Captain AND FO on the same flight - I'm staying out of this one :Thinking:

LOL

+1!! :dance:

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg
Markus Frank
Windows 10 64,Intel i7, 32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1080ti, Prepar3D V4.

Bryan, I brought up this subject in another thread about a year ago. You have been very accommodating to just about every reasonable request for the NGX, and I thank you for that...but it seems this one keeps sliding down the list of priorities. There were volunteers in another thread to push this along as I recall. I know you have other projects to do as well, but adding a female FO will keep the product from getting too repetitive. Are you still considering a voice addon pack for a fee? 'Simcheck' isn't what I'm looking for, as I normally don't attempt to put myself in non-normal procedures, but a voice pack would be a MUST BUY for me. Thanks again for your work to date, and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

What no jokes about inability to read a map or park at the gate? No comments about there not being a vanity mirror in the 737? I'm disappointed, are you men or mice?

If our household car is anything to go by, you can always tell a plane that was last flown by a lady pilot. The windscreen wipers start moving as soon as you turn on the ignition.

ngxu_banner.png

What no jokes about inability to read a map or park at the gate? No comments about there not being a vanity mirror in the 737? I'm disappointed, are you men or mice?

If our household car is anything to go by, you can always tell a plane that was last flown by a lady pilot. The windscreen wipers start moving as soon as you turn on the ignition.

Fine talk but it seems you are not man enough to sign your real name to the post. Shame%20On%20You.gif

We are only obliged to give our real names in direct requests for support, you'll find a bit of a discussion about that on another thread.

Jokes don't count and anyway, she who leaves the windscreen wipers [and the radio and the heated seats and the indicators] on when she parks the car already knows who I am. That doesn't mean I'm safe.

I have issued her with aviation style check-lists for everyday domestic tasks but for some reason they never seem to fit into her handbag. That's odd, as everything else seems to.

ngxu_banner.png

On a serious note, isn't this an horrendous task?

There are 3 language sets (British, American & European) and one of Brian's major cash outgoings [as opposed to his own time] in producing FS2Crew packages must be finding and I assume paying voice actors and providing the recording facilities for the package & service packs.

Surely there's a question as to what the price would be if each package has optional male & female voices? I'm not sure i want to pay a higher price for the choice.

ngxu_banner.png

On a serious note, isn't this an horrendous task?

There are 3 language sets (British, American & European) and one of Brian's major cash outgoings [as opposed to his own time] in producing FS2Crew packages must be finding and I assume paying voice actors and providing the recording facilities for the package & service packs.

Surely there's a question as to what the price would be if each package has optional male & female voices? I'm not sure i want to pay a higher price for the choice.

The fact that there are a few threads asking about a female FO, with many +1's tells me there's a market for this. Unfortunately, I think Bryan has made up his mind, as he no longer responds to this subject. I'm not getting tired of the product as a whole, but I'm getting a bit bored flying with the same FO's.

It's harder to find female voice actresses that want to do just a one day session. With men its easier. This is a reason Bryan has given in the past.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

I can't comment on that but the OP asked for a "choice" - that implies doubling up the number of voice-sets and therefore doubling the relevant cost.

I wouldn't have any problem at all with having a female PNF or ground staff but it's either one or the other surely to minimise the price, not a choice?

A female PF is another issue. One of the few things that grates with me that the FSX ATC voice doesn't match up with the FS2Crew PF [that's not FS2Crew's fault] and it would be even crazier if there was a female voice reading my briefings for me! As that's a very small part of the vocabulary, maybe there could be a choice just for that bit.

This is one of those things that seems like a good idea but actually requires some thought.

Maybe an option would be to be able to buy the base package at a good price and then purchase additional voices at extra cost, which looks like the best of both worlds. It would leave extra risk on Brian though as to how many would actually take up extra voices if they had to pay for them themselves.

ngxu_banner.png