Sign in to follow this  
ethanpilot787

MCP Knoob Speed

I have a feeling that this question has already been asked, but in the 2D cockpit, the knobs on the MCP move much faster than the they do in the 3D cockpit. Is there any way to make the knobs in the 3D cockpit move at this speed as well?

Ethan E.

Cant see any difference at all anyways does it matter if its slower

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I see the biggest difference in speed in the altitude knobs. Try changing the altitude from 0 to around 30000 ft and you'll probably notice the difference in how long it takes you.

Ethan E.

Well, if you're using ATC you'll never have to dial from 0 to 30,000 in one step.

Kind regards

Peter

I see the biggest difference in speed in the altitude knobs. Try changing the altitude from 0 to around 30000 ft and you'll probably notice the difference in how long it takes you.

Ethan E.

Havn,t you heard of planning ahead, since you sitting on the ground you got plenty of time to do it since its not about how quick you can get of the ground is it?.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The problem isn't isolated to the altitude select knob, but also to the other knobs on the MCP and EFIS select panel, in the NGX's 3D cockpit.

Though the problem can be overcome by proper management of the flight, it is an absolute nuisance, particularly when wanting to set a Decision Altitude (Height) that is greater than a couple of hundred feet (refer to NZQN and LOWI charts for examples).

I know there are work arounds i.e. buying a more sophisticated mouse or by using a Radio Altitude DH, but these solutions are besides the actual point of the slow rate of numerical increment/decrement.

With that said, a fix would be desireable but not entirely essential.

Ash Frew.

Just loaded up the ngx and nothing wrong with the speed from 0 to 30000 feet took me around 10 seconds give or take a second so if thats slow than i hate to see what fast is all other knobs are the same for me fast doesnt take long to adjust

Peter kelberg

The problem isn't isolated to the altitude select knob, but also to the other knobs on the MCP and EFIS select panel, in the NGX's 3D cockpit.

Though the problem can be overcome by proper management of the flight, it is an absolute nuisance, particularly when wanting to set a Decision Altitude (Height) that is greater than a couple of hundred feet (refer to NZQN and LOWI charts for examples).

I know there are work arounds i.e. buying a more sophisticated mouse or by using a Radio Altitude DH, but these solutions are besides the actual point of the slow rate of numerical increment/decrement.

With that said, a fix would be desireable but not entirely essential.

Ash Frew.

I had this exact problem last night, setting up for a landing at KRNO and when you add in the EZDOK movement profiles, it gets really tough.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just loaded up the ngx and nothing wrong with the speed from 0 to 30000 feet took me around 10 seconds give or take a second so if thats slow than i hate to see what fast is all other knobs are the same for me fast doesnt take long to adjust

Peter, it takes much more than 10 seconds to set an altitude of 30,000 ft from 0 ft on the NGX; and again, trying to set minimums to a value greater than a couple of hundred feet is absolute torture.

I've just uploaded a video comparing the NGX and a real 767's MCP altitude select knob speed. Sorry that I couldn't compare it to a real 737, but I couldn't get anywhere near one last night as I was kept well and truly busy on the featured 767.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-U07E-cig&feature=youtu.be

Ash Frew.

I to have found it rather slow.... but you get used to it. Just something you learn to accept. :)

Get yourself a mouse with a scroll wheel and then you won't have these problems....

Get yourself a mouse with a scroll wheel and then you won't have these problems....

I find it is not so much the speed of the scrolling as it is trying to keep the cursor on the the knob in tubulence.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

We really designed the MCP knobs for use with mouse scroll wheels - they accelerate like the real thing does when you use the wheel. I can go up to 30000 in a matter of seconds with mine.

Is there really such a thing as a mouse without a wheel still? Even the cheapest $5 mouse you find on newegg has one...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Peter, it takes much more than 10 seconds to set an altitude of 30,000 ft from 0 ft on the NGX; and again, trying to set minimums to a value greater than a couple of hundred feet is absolute torture.

I've just uploaded a video comparing the NGX and a real 767's MCP altitude select knob speed. Sorry that I couldn't compare it to a real 737, but I couldn't get anywhere near one last night as I was kept well and truly busy on the featured 767.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-U07E-cig&feature=youtu.be

Ash Frew.

than there must be some thing wrong with your set up than or you havnt got a wheel on your mouse, Just loaded up the ngx and it took me 8 seconds to get from 0 to 30000 if i was using a stop watch it would have been more accurate since had to look at the clock and than start lol

Peter kelberg

I find it is not so much the speed of the scrolling as it is trying to keep the cursor on the the knob in tubulence.

Thats what I hate about flying in a VC