Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Why does FPS drops while in the VC ?

I notice a lot that my FPS drops to 10 n 8 while am in the VC . But outside the aircraft i get 30 FPS an 50FPS . But in the VC its very low . Also when approaching an airport like KJFK it drops so low . An i don't understand why i don't get this with my other payware . Not even with the pmdg 747 just with this aircraft .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

You could try reducing vc in the performance manager. It is strange for performance to drop that much, I believe mine stays fairly consistent.

Edit: you're not inadvertently selecting vc as a new view are you?

Hi thanks for the reply an no am not selecting VC as a new view it is just strange outside i have tones of FPS but inside the VC it drops very low specially when getting ready to land at a big airport like KJFK on island airport its okay but big airport are terible on FPS

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I get much better FPS outside the aircraft too - I presume it's just because of the house amount going on in there, plus the 2d models and detail etc.

you will always see greater FPS in an outside view. VC's are demanding, and the higher the quality of the VC, the more demanding it is.

It would help to know your PC specs.

Why does FPS drops while in the VC?

The answer to that is pretty siple. In the VC there are much more poligons used than in the outside model. Every poligon eats up a little bit of your framerate and so if you are in the VC the computer has to show much more poligons than in the outside. That's why the FPS are lower.

Depending on the other Payware aircraft you have they might not use as much poligons as the NGX does (remember the original 747 is about 7 yours old, if I'm not mistaken and it still had to work on the computers back then).

BTW, I'm sure even with the 747 you'll get a small framerate drop when switching from the outside to the inside. Just try it and watch the framerate counter carefully.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I'm experiencing the same frame drop problem. Was okay until a couple of days ago and then it dropped to 8-10fps. Cannot get it higher unless in the air at altitude. I was getting 25-30fps. I have changed nothing during the course of the frame drop. Using the PMDG-800NGX with FTX Australia and FTXAU Traffic all at the recommended settings. Was thinking of adding another HD5850 in a crossfire configuration but not sure if that would help. Have defragged and registry cleaned to no avail. Any ideas?

Was thinking of adding another HD5850 in a crossfire

If its anything like Nvidia's SLI, it will only gain you a frame or two. I have no issues with VC performance and is very much tied to the computers specs. With a less powerfull computer, you should try using the lower quality texture bitmaps in the PMDG setup or not use high resolution VC in FSX if performance is what your after.

I'm experiencing the same frame drop problem. Was okay until a couple of days ago...........Have defragged and registry cleaned to no avail. Any ideas?

Defrag/registry clean will do precisely NOTHING for performance.

You must have changed something. Did your AV update a few days ago? Windows Update? Did you install or remove ANYTHING?

Best regards,

Robin.

I'm on a lower end system. I've always had fewer FPS inside than out when the panel is powered and the gauges are on. This is expected, I would think, with an add on of this complexity. What has the greatest impact when I'm in the VC is weather. So if you're trying to do any sort of benchmarking or tuning, I'd recommend using a generic weather theme like clear or fair, so the conditions outside are always the same.

Chris Hicks

you should try using the lower quality texture bitmaps in the PMDG setup or not use high resolution VC

I tried that already but there was no real change. Even the FSX 737 is producing the same shocking results and I used to get 60fps with that aircraft.

You must have changed something. Did your AV update a few days ago? Windows Update? Did you install or remove ANYTHING?

I have not changed anything manually, This was an overnight occurrence while the computer was switched off and there was no windows update in that time. There was also no AV update. But you are right something has happened in that time. Figuring out what is the problem.

I have had this happen as well. Especially when using the AA bare metal textures at night. MY VC is at 27 until i switch to ext view and then back to the VC. Then I get 8-9FPS.

I finally stopped switching to the ext view and I dont have the problem.

Peter Osborn

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

follow this link and get config file working correctly otherwise you could try running without mesh or addons but the again thats half the fun gone. IM on a high end system and have frames at 15/25 sec set on purpose and im 80% nearly all sliders and all ad ons however its smoooth stutter free just about. but its tuned perfectly

ZORAN

It amazes me how simmers are satisfied with 15/25 FPS. That would drive me nuts. I never see frame rate that low, and rarely as low as 25.

consider that flying over water, with REX textures, you will see a big frame rate drop. The solution is to set AF to application controlled, the frame rate drop over water then vanishes. Or use the REX "use this" water texture.

Run an AV scan in case your sudden loss of performance is related to infection.

Check CPU and GPU temps, just in case it's throttling back.

SLI won't help. It will give you a minuscule increase in performance at "very" high res. Not worth it for FSX at all.

it amazes me too that siimers fly by the fps they get, they more worried how many fps they getting lol. Geez if your flight is smooth and isnt a slide show who cares what your fps are

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg