Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Whodathunk it could be this bad?

Before Flight was released, I always thought the technical aspects or limitations of Flight would be it's possible downfall-- like having no jets, not including the world, atc, prices of DLC. To my surprise the graphics are very good and the game itself *would* have made a very capable platform for flight simulation. So now as I look at it, the biggest hinderance isn't the game itself, it is the producer and Microsoft that seem to be running it into the ground themselves with horrifying efficiency, terrible lack of communication and poor relations with the community.

I mean, if you visit Microsofts Facebook or Youtube pages-- or even Steam, they are taking a bashing from who I would call their new "audience". Release of cockpitless WW2 planes one after the other, then a haphazard news release the other day about the reasoning behind the WW2 planes is just the tip.

Does anyone else think the biggest threat to Flight's success isn't the game itself, but the developers?

Thinking out loud here - Could the reason behind the WWII planes be the fact that they (may?) not have to go through as many legal/licensing hassles as they would if they were going to include a much more modern plane?

Noah Bryant

They spend their time filling hangers full of vintage airplanes. :)

LOL, that is true! World of Warplanes is coming right around the corner, and I imagine that it will pull away a good number of casual flight simmers who like Flight but are ready for something different...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtzkxTEEn0

Ow look! Another anti-Flight negitive post by digihost..... Havent you moved on yet?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

MVGibbage[/color]' timestamp='1335644530' post='2354411']

Ow look! Another anti-Flight negitive post by digihost..... Havent you moved on yet?

I hope that was meant as a joke

Guest Antlab

It could have been one suit, or a whole boardroom of suits that decided to mold FS into the new age of the gaming model,...

"Hey, look, those guys made billions with some nasty birds, and we should continue to work hard for thousands of airports, tens of aircraft, and complicated artificial intelligence? Surely not, people nowadays have the attention span of an aardvark, let's simplify, less is more".

A.

maybe because we still have hopes about a SIMULATOR, not a game like you. For those who dont know what the meaning of "fly" is... - its NOT MS FLIGHT. Flight = 10yo video game. And this is (or was) a SIMULATION forum.. for this reason we keep saying what we thing and in my oppinion.. flight is the most pathetic joke ms ever made.

I really dont get this elitist attitude that only purist "hard core" simmers can enjoy flying, and it can only be enjoyed by overly complex programs. Flight is not for you. Accept that, and move on. Dont try and punish other people for liking something thats not overly complex. Im not a big fan of the cockpitless aircraft, but this elitist attitude really bugs me deeply. Gives the rest of us a bad name...

Please. Move on. Let people fly what they want, how they want to.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I really dont get this elitist attitude that only purist "hard core" simmers can enjoy flying, and it can only be enjoyed by overly complex programs. Flight is not for you. Accept that, and move on. Dont try and punish other people for liking something thats not overly complex. Im not a big fan of the cockpitless aircraft, but this elitist attitude really bugs me deeply. Gives the rest of us a bad name...

Please. Move on. Let people fly what they want, how they want to.

Do you prefer to speak about Guinea pigs ?

I find it really boring indeed.

Do you prefer to speak about Hilo airport fingers ?

I prefer not, to be honest.

Jari Junior prefers to speak about less basic arguments, I am with him.

maybe because we still have hopes about a SIMULATOR, not a game like you.

Then why are you even here - seriously.

maybe because we still have hopes about a SIMULATOR, not a game like you. For those who dont know what the meaning of "fly" is... - its NOT MS FLIGHT. Flight = 10yo video game. And this is (or was) a SIMULATION forum.. for this reason we keep saying what we thing and in my oppinion.. flight is the most pathetic joke ms ever made.

Well... I guess we've been told...

The hardcore pretend pilots use a SIMULATOR...

Us 10 year old pretend pilots enjoy a video game...

Clearly MS' pathetic joke is on ME.

For those who dont know what the meaning of "fly" is... - its NOT MS FLIGHT

Firstly young man, you should know that it's considered poor form to SHOUT in any forum.

Shouting suggests a scarcity of ideas, and rarely wins arguments.

So share with us in this Flight forum what YOU think the 'meaning' of fly is?

Escape? Freedom? Seeing the world differently...?

In a virtual sense, Flight offers as many glimpses of these things as any other flying game does...

The secret of happiness is deceptively simple - it's acceptance.

Then why are you even here - seriously.

Hello

And that response sums up perfectly the intolerant attitude of some of the Flight! supporters in this forum.

Over protected in the beginning by the moderators, some of you now feel entitled to behave in any way you want.