Sign in to follow this  
Aviationsim4862

Corporate Aviation for the flight sim community

Members of the PMDG and AVSIM community,

We are all aware of the lack of proper business jets for flight sim. Yes, there are a few Cessna Citations out there, some King Airs and maybe a few freeware things...but still the desire for Gulfstreams, Globals, Challengers and Falcons has been left unsatisfied. Of course, the difficulty of making the advanced avionics systems is a challenge, along with the stubbornness of the real world companies who refuse to distribute the rights or request outrageous sums of money for them. But recently, we have witnessed the incredible potential that PMDG can output, with their recent release of the PMDG 737 NGX. I know for sure that if anyone is capable of making these aircraft, it would be PMDG. It is clear that at the moment PMDG has their hands full with the 777, Dash 8 and the updated 747, but I think that it would be a good idea to reintroduce now to get everyone thinking. And although they have been primarily focused on the commercial aspect of aviation, I think that PMDG would do a fantastic job developing something like the Gulfstream G550, for example. I know for sure that I am not the only one.

Everyone who is interested in Business/Corporate or Private Aviation, please share your comments and opinions. There must be a missing business jet out there that someone such as PMDG can create. Since the aircraft companies out there can be difficult, maybe they would be convinced otherwise if a developer as prestigious as PMDG requested the rights to do so.

-thank you

Matthew Miller

I agree 110%. There would be nothing better than a perfect business jet for FSX

Connor Garrett

This has been discussed... there are not enough buyers for a PMDG bizjet to be feasible.

We've been through this before, market isn't large enoug for us to warrant a detail simulation of a business jet. BBJs yes but not a Gulfstream or Challenger, anything like that.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

The SIM hobby as always been over-populated with folks who want heavy iron.

Its been this way since FS98, bzijets have ALWAYS been lacking in FS.

I'd love to see a PMDG level Gulfstream, Falcon or Challenger too... but FS'ers, those who pay the bills for PMDG et al... would rather see every make, model, tail number and flavor of every 737/747/757/767/777 and Airbus currently flying....

So with that, being a business minded person myself... I can't blame PMDG for not wasting the time to develop one.

But I do hope, that someone would some day take a chance to develop one; out of love or desire to fill the niche. Perhaps we will see one some day.

Jacob Sanders

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Yeah I totally understand your position, of course I'd like to see a PMDG corporate jet but PMDG is a business and whatever brings a return on our investment will make business sense. Of course it would be nice to do every type of aircraft out there but were a small team of dynamic guys that we can't do everything possible.

Who knows we may do a corporate jet but I really doubt it... PMDG is a serious business we don't do things just becaue we feel like it, RSR does a detailed analysis and makes decisions on what we're going to develop.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Yeah I totally understand your position, of course I'd like to see a PMDG corporate jet but PMDG is a business and whatever brings a return on our investment will make business sense. Of course it would be nice to do every type of aircraft out there but were a small team of dynamic guys that we can't do everything possible.

Who knows we may do a corporate jet but I really doubt it... PMDG is a serious business we don't do things just becaue we feel like it, RSR does a detailed analysis and makes decisions on what we're going to develop.

Anyone who faults the business argument is simply deluding themselves to what is actually happening behind the curtain at places like PMDG.

You guys know what your market is an isn't, you know what your internal sales numbers look like and you know which products you currently offer draw the biggest demand.

But yes, perhaps we might see a nice bizjet from you one day.

Personally I think it would sell better than most expect it would. For no other reason than it came from PMDG.

I've yet to see anything from you that isn't breath taking in its own right.

Your up coming DC-6 has me anxiously checking these forums daily!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Personally I think it would sell better than most expect it would. For no other reason than it came from PMDG.

Agreed 100%. Looking at the Vatsim and IVAO networks, plus Eaglesoft's revenue on their products indicates there is a market for the business jets. Something like a Gulfstream V, or Global Express, or Challenger would sell very well. Everyone has their own favorites to fly. For many, they are corporate jets. For others it is the airlines. And for the rest it is vintage, military, and general aviation.

But you can make a J41?

As Robert addressed in his Aerosoft Speech, the J41 was a project he wanted to help keep designer productivity steady and he himself has over 4,000 hours as PIC in one...

This has been discussed... there are not enough buyers for a PMDG bizjet to be feasible.

It's difficult to believe imho...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think there would be a bigger market than one might suspect; it appeals to the "Walter Mitty" that exists in the hearts of most simmers. The idea of jetting around the world in your own personal jet, especially one reproduced faithfully to the standards of PMDG would be appealing to many. But alas, probably not nearly as many that are drawn to the big airliners, and therein lies the rub; in order to make a PMDG quality jet, PMDG would have to invest roughly the same time and resources for a product that would yield a significantly smaller return. That, or make a more simplistic, lower quality sim, which would potentially dilute their reputation. I do hope they consider it, but I can also appreciate them saying no to a project that history has shown to be significantly less popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Guest dlrk

Personally, I'm not interested in a business jet. But I would be VERY interested in a business turboprop, like a King Air.

Personally, I'm not interested in a business jet. But I would be VERY interested in a business turboprop, like a King Air.

Flight1 is in the middle of doing one right now. Check the forums-product development section

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg