Sign in to follow this  
Aviationsim4862

Corporate Aviation for the flight sim community

I started a poll in the NGX forum a few days ago to see what variants were popular. The BBJ had some reasonable support, second to the ER, followed by the Combi and then Military variants. I think the BBJ will be it as far as corperate aircraft go for PMDG and for much of FS. I too would love to see other long range biz jets such as the Global Express or GV. I thought perhaps Aerosoft could eventually morph their CRJ into a Global Express as those two craft share some commonalities.

Cheers

TJ

Guest dlrk

Flight1 is in the middle of doing one right now. Check the forums-product development section

If it's Flight 1, it probably wont have decent systems.

Actually I think that might not be true... back on march 29th Jim said and I'm quoting him here:

The Aeroworx B200 is dead. Period.

However, stay tuned for some new announcements of our own ground up development of the King Air B200. Think Mustang... only B200

He said it here...

http://www.simforums.com/forums/aeroworx-king-air-b200-for-fsx-conversion-tool_topic40750.html

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

ooo g1000 B200 me like :dance:

We've been through this before, market isn't large enoug for us to warrant a detail simulation of a business jet. BBJs yes but not a Gulfstream or Challenger, anything like that.

You know your company better than I do obviously, but I think a business case could be made for a "lite" model of a business jet if you plan on marketing a DC6 which can't have any more interest than a proper business jet would.

I'd love to see a Challenger myself. The company I work for has 5 of them and every once in a while I get to ride on one. :D

-john paul

The bigger stuff is alright, but long legs in the sim get dull. I would rather have a small to midsize corporate jet from PMDG. A CJ3 or a Hawker 800XP for example. They both have decent range, and can get into the smaller strips. Either one of those from PMDG would make my day. I used to fly a real CJ and Eaglesoft's CJ makes me want to vomit. Their version 2.0 has so many inaccuracies that I can't even bring myself to use it.

- Matt

In fact, there are some business jets, that are flown quite often on a popular online network (dont know about the other network). How do i know about this? Well, i am a staff member and have access to certain statistics. Its not like nobody is flying one, its more like there is no good addon and thats why not so much people are flying one). I would love to see a G5 up in the air or a Global 5000

Flight 1 did make and market several aircraft with quite the systems back in the day... think ATR72-500.

The bigger stuff is alright, but long legs in the sim get dull. I would rather have a small to midsize corporate jet from PMDG. A CJ3 or a Hawker 800XP for example. They both have decent range, and can get into the smaller strips. Either one of those from PMDG would make my day. I used to fly a real CJ and Eaglesoft's CJ makes me want to vomit. Their version 2.0 has so many inaccuracies that I can't even bring myself to use it.

- Matt

While I can agree that Eaglesoft's new CJ has lots of inaccuracies... I think the vomit statement is a bit rude. I would expect better from someone at Miami. :Cuppa:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

While I can agree that Eaglesoft's new CJ has lots of inaccuracies... I think the vomit statement is a bit rude. I would expect better from someone at Miami. :Cuppa:

Let's not take what I said too literally. All I was getting at was that after getting accustomed to PMDG's level of accuracy, everything else is obsolete to me. For $50, (almost the same price as the NGX) I was expecting a much better product than what I received.

I also own their Citation X v2.0 and it was much, much better. Far more accurate.

I apologize for any ambiguity in my post, and will refrain from posting anything not deemed "politically correct" in the future.

Absolutely no plans to make bizjets - please remember guys that 90% of our customers never post on the forums or need support etc. Just because it looks like "a lot" of people here requesting something doesn't mean it'll sell at the levels we need to sustain the company and make the development effort pay for itself. Developing a modern bizjet is the same level of work (or more) as developing an airliner like the NGX.

The "in between" products we've done like the J41, DC-6B etc are nowhere near as complicated in terms of the avionics involved. We wouldn't want to do a half-hearted bizjet either, so that pretty much rules it out. Sorry.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

pmdg Cessna 402c or Cessna 441 conquest 2 or how about a piper Navajo Chretien or the Mitsubishi regional jet all of these aircraft are concerted business aircraft also

Thanks for your response Ryan! I'm glad a good sum of members were able to share their opinions about this topic. My hope in posting this was not to expect PMDG to automatically move towards making corporate airplanes, but raise awareness to the fact that it is a virtually untouched part of flight sim.

There was positive feedback:

I agree 110%. There would be nothing better than a perfect business jet for FSX

In fact, there are some business jets, that are flown quite often on a popular online network (dont know about the other network)

And negative ones:

This has been discussed... there are not enough buyers for a PMDG bizjet to be feasible.

Personally, I am glad this was talked about in a mature PMDG manor, instead of craziness or no responses. Hopefully someday we will see a corporate jet out of a great company like PMDG, but I am only one voice. Looking at networks like Vatsim and IVAO, the corporate level traffic is on the rise. With Carenado reverting to some bigger aircraft like the C90, it seems more people have moved to the freedom to fly anywhere they want, land in class, and taxi into an FBO away from the airlines.

it appeals to the "Walter Mitty" that exists in the hearts of most simmers. The idea of jetting around the world in your own personal jet, especially one reproduced faithfully to the standards of PMDG would be appealing to many.

Hopefully there is a bright future in flight simulation for this major aspect of aviation.

Guest dlrk

Ryan,

Any chance on a light twin as a in-between project?

Ryan

how about doing a twin Cessna like the 402c or the 441 there not as complex as the ngx and they has't been done yet my only problem is every one thinks about the business variant but i want the 11seat airliner version it has 9 passenger seats and 2 pilots