Starting

I cannot ge the thing to start.

mix is rich

conditioned low

pumps on

fuel on

starter just goes on and on and nothing happens. Help

Umm... There is no "mixture". :-)

See the checklists for complete info, or better yet Kurt's tutorial, but a few quick guesses...

Be sure the Fuel FW shuttoffs are on (the switches under the red covers on the fuel panel), and that you have Autoignition "armed" for both engines. Condition levers should be at cut-off, turn on Ignition and Engine Start and advance condition lever to Low Idle as N1 gets to about 10%.

But really, check out Kurt's tutorial in the library.

Scott

I am getting the engines started without any problem. However, some green lights are not illuminating as they should...the Auto-ignition Arm lights among others. Also troubling is the red "RVS NOT READY" which stays on until take-off roll starts.

Thanks for the superb Tutorial. I really clarifies the checklist and explains turbines so that most anyone can understand them. There always seems to be someone willing to do a lot of extra work to make flight simming even better

I do have a question though:

Is there a typo in the ENGINE START section?:

Battery-ON

Fuel FW Shutoff Valves -CLOSE

Battery- OFF IS this a typo?

Crossfeed - OPEN (illuminated) battery off?

Boost Pumps - ON (Listen) battery off?

Battery - ON

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Battery- OFF IS this a typo?

No, it isn't. That's right out of the C90B manual and it works that way in the sim, too.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Thanks for the fast response. I will go through it again this afternoon.

I still am unable to get the two greens for Auto-Ignition - Arm. It looks like a three-way switch but only goes to the "off" and the lower "ignition" position. Is this correct?

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Also troubling is the red "RVS NOT READY" which stays on until take-off roll starts.

Some calibration issues with your quadrant perhaps? If you don't get the props fully forward, you'll get this. Next time you fly, try moving them forward with your mouse in the VC. Bet you'll find they move forward a bit more from where you have them set.

Scott

I still am unable to get the two greens for Auto-Ignition - Arm. It looks like a three-way switch but only goes to the "off" and the lower "ignition" position. Is this correct?

I wonder if you're looking at the correct switches here - this is the top pair of switches just to the left of the pilot's yoke. Only two positions - the lower "off", and the upper "Arm". Lights the annunciators just fine for me.

Scott

Neal, the auto ignition switches are two-position: ARM and OFF. Auto ignition is armed for takeoff and whenever you're flying in icing or precipitation. The idea is that if torque falls below 425 ft/lbs, the assumption is that you've suffered a flame out and the auto ignition system kicks in to relight the engine for you.

It doesn't seem to work correctly in the Carenado C90B.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

It looks like the Auto Ignition lights only illuminate when the engines are NOT operating; at least on mine.

It looks like the Auto Ignition lights only illuminate when the engines are NOT operating; at least on mine.

Yep, my apologies. I agree, they work fine when the engines are not running but don't work when they are.

Scott

I've read the entire tutorial. Still engines won't start. Turbine RPM goes till 12.0. Then I set my mixture to low-idle, nothing happens. No ITT, no torque. Help please.

Postbuzz,

Are you ensuring that the firewall fuel switches are open after you've done the fuel system checks?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

When I switch to an other plane (like the B58 of Carenado) and switch the fuel over there, then go back to the King Air, I do get the engines started.

Postbuzz,

On the left side of the VC, there are two switches with red covers. These are the firewall fuel switches. With the BATTERY switch ON, open the red covers on these two switches and make sure that they are in the OPEN position.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK