Sign in to follow this  
chiozza

Starting

When I switch to an other plane (like the B58 of Carenado) and switch the fuel over there, then go back to the King Air, I do get the engines started.

Ive run into this and the only way to start is to reload the aircraft. Started succefully many times using the same and correct procedures but it just refuses on occasion unless reloading.

Postbuzz,

On the left side of the VC, there are two switches with red covers. These are the firewall fuel switches. With the BATTERY switch ON, open the red covers on these two switches and make sure that they are in the OPEN position.

Yes, I know. They are both OPEN. Still, nothing. Only works if I switch to an other airplane first. I looks like the same thing I had with the Piper Seneca a while ago.

Thanks.

I wonder if it has to do with your default flight. I'm guessing that you're going into the C90 from the Free Flight screen, and that you've saved a cold-and-dark situation as your default. If that's the case, check that default flight to see if the fuel is cut off there, and if it is, change it and resave the flight.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I can recall that when flying addons like e.g. the CS 130 Herc I couldn´t start any other plane except this type unless I did a restart of FS.

Maybe you have a "special" addon aircraft loaded as default which has some special programming into it?

I use the FS default Baron , made cold & dark, as the default startup! Just a thought! :Thinking:

My Carenado C 90B won't start. I never had a problem before. It always fired up right away. Then a few days ago I went to start it and can't get started...starter keeps turning but props don't move. Any ideas? It's not the startup procedure....I use the checklist :(

/sling blade voice: It aint got no gas in it!

make sure your fuel selection is on. You might have to start a new flight, then change/reset it to cold and dark again, then save it.

This happens to me when I switch off fuel in one plane, and flip to another like C90 and mustang. No matter what, fuel wont turn on again.

I started a different flight then saved it as default after getting it started but still won't start. i swear I spend more time trying to get these planes in the air than I do actually flying. I love this Carenado when I can start it.

maybe this can be a communication cap. to have the valves OPEN, you need to CLOSE the red covers.

I have seen sometimes when you say it must be open then people also think it is OPEN when the red covers are open and the switch actually switched off.

for what it's worth

No that's not it. What I did, I think, was to change the default flight to one that was actually running and then it started up! Thanks for replies!

i swear I spend more time trying to get these planes in the air than I do actually flying.

Glad you got it up... funny thing... I've heard that very saying in RL too.. Google: Hangar Queen