Sign in to follow this  
MrBenevolent

The best "classic" passenger jet? (up to about 1970ish)

The stratocaster would be by fender :-)

Damn spellcheck!

Well spotted...and corrected.

:)

David Maltby's BAC-1-11 is by far my favorite classic aircraft for Flight Sim ever (barring the Captain of the Ship B377!). It's aged now, but this aircraft gives a great sense of what it was like to fly early jetliners.

http://www.dmflights...uk/bac_1-11.htm

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

View PostMrBenevolent, on 29 April 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

I am the proud owner of a new B377 Stratocaster, plus crew.

The stratocaster would be by fender :-)

Although I would heartily recommend a Fender Stratocaster too.

No VC, No 2d panels, but wonderful exterior and unbelievable sound...... :)

Chris Bremmer

Although I would heartily recommend a Fender Stratocaster too.

No VC, No 2d panels, but wonderful exterior and unbelievable sound...... :)

Wonderful exterior? Say that to my 20 year old fiesta red '57 reissue beater... :dance:

Although if you get a Stratocaster, you want one from prior to the '65 CBS sale if possible, and definitely not one of the 70s ones with the bigger headstock. Although having said that, everyone knows that the best Fender is the Telecaster with a maple neck, even though I do have a Tele, a Jazzmaster and a Strat, as well as a pretty rare Fender steel acoustic with an octave fret body join, that one is perfect for slide playing. But the Telecaster is the coolest Fender.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am the proud owner of a new B377 Stratocruiser, plus crew.

...downloading now!

You've made a great choice in the B377 Mr. Benevolent, it'll provide you with hours of interesting flying. Have fun!

Chris

Chris Bremmer

You've made a great choice in the B377 Mr. Benevolent, it'll provide you with hours of interesting flying. Have fun!

Chris

I would have to agree with that statement!

Having been a little uncertain in my first few attempts at flying it, and dare I say, being initially a little underwhelmed by the quality of the VC, I am now rapidly discovering the pure joy of keeping this magnificent bird aloft.

After finding it a little daunting at first, a few glances at the manual and a couple of YouTube vids soon put me straight...and now I have my EZDOK sorted with it, it makes getting around the cabin much, much easier.

I need to do a few more hours practice first...including (gulp) attempting my first landing before I will switch the career mode on and I really must continue my VOR to VOR learning if I am ever going to make it to my chosen destination, but the learning is a large part of the fun!

Thanks again all - I look forward to reporting back on my first successful full flight!

To add: @ Guitarjava - you have an apposite username considering the left-turn this thread took!

To add: @ Guitarjava - you have an apposite username considering the left-turn this thread took!

Yes, I felt compelled to say something about the guitar reference in your post, ha.

Chris Bremmer

Just a word of caution on the CS727. It is not complete and needs a number of tweaks to get it to a point where it works more like the real thing. Also, and this is very important, if you do not have Accelleration installed then on the CS727 the autopilot V/S selector only moves in one direction....its a real pain and in need of a fix.

:Thinking:

DM's VC10 with all the avsim updates added has full on authentic check lists (it takes me at least 20+ mins to do them before requesting taxi) before and after landing. Ground staff activity, Cabin interactions, marshalling, speed calls, cabin pressurisation-depressurisation, engine fires and management. There's no GPS so you "have to" learn how to use the CIVA INS. That's quite a lot for FREE.

vololiberista

Although if you get a Stratocaster, you want one from prior to the '65 CBS sale if possible, and definitely not one of the 70s ones with the bigger headstock. Although having said that, everyone knows that the best Fender is the Telecaster with a maple neck, even though I do have a Tele, a Jazzmaster and a Strat, as well as a pretty rare Fender steel acoustic with an octave fret body join, that one is perfect for slide playing. But the Telecaster is the coolest Fender.

Al

I play Jazz bass, and own a 1969 Gibson Les Paul short neck Studio model...the fastest action fingerboard that ever graced four strings!

Well, if you wanna go Rolls Royce, then yup, Gibsons are nicer than Fenders; I also have a Gibson Melody Maker and LP Junior, and very nice they are too.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here