Sign in to follow this  
Simcees

A public letter to the people of Hawaii

Beiing a guest on your beautiful Islands, I couldn't resist to publish my feelings to you.

we apologize ... for the huge amount of planes that disturb your common rest since januar 24th

we apologize ... for our bad behaviour as pilots. We fly incessantly across your cities, villages, airports, nature. By day and by night, at dawn or dusk.

Even storm, lightning, mist or whatever cannot stop us. It must be a terrible infringement on your common rest. Sorry for that.

we apologize ... stunting with our planes. Flying low over your houses, flying under bridges, even under building, kranes, whatever. Landing upon your roofs, your highways, streets, beaches, canals. It must be scaring.

we apologize ... we ruined the environment. It must be a real mesh on the country with all those crashed planes.

we apologize ... each day a certain company place yellow stars, green circles in your lovely nature. Each day lot of pilots gonna hunt for that. Causes lot of engine noise, I presume.

we apologize ... for the criminal actions lot a pilots do. Especially at night, flying low, no lights. Sorry for that. Let me clarify please: they have payed a lot to obtain their planes, so the can make some money with that.

we apologize ... for our bad dietary habits, only eating junkfood.

we apologize ... that you have to stay inside your home, office. That you have to held your car, truck in the garage: have to park your planes in the Hangars. Have to keep all your other vehicles on safe places. We understand, they are not safe out there.

we apologize ... the inconvenience I causes when I walk through your streets "iI'm gonna knock on your door, ring on your bell

Tap on your window too . If you don't come out tonight when the moon is bright

I'm gonna knock and ring and tap until you do"

I only wished to apologize myself to you personal. Sorry you kept all shut.

we apologize ... all the pilots looks the same. Even their planes don't have that much diversity. So, it's diffecult to distinguish: who is the bad or good guy. Even your Hawaii five O police-aircrafts are joining us. Shame on them.

we apologize ... for the old warbirds coming over. Don't scared, they don't harm, the have no guns, no bombs. Ohh, the pilots-behaviour scares you: they don't sit IN the cockpit, but they're sitting ABOVE it, or on the wings. Sorry, but as it are old planes, the cockpit is rusty, it can't be opened.

I apologize ... for daily flying very low along your beautiful beaches. I must confess I hoped to catch a glimpse of your famous beachbabes, those only dressed in garland and hula hoop. Never find one, even no aerochache, have to dream on.

We thank you ... for your hospitality for last months

We thank you ... for your confidence to let us transport a lot of your boxes

we thank you ... that you still are willing to be a passenger on our flights. Allthought I remark a unpleasant silence on long flights. Sorry we make you sick or scare you to death. We just busy to screw up our flyingskills (allthougt there are bad pilots who just teasing you)

we thank you ... we have met you.

I am glad I had the opportunity to met a lot of you Hawaiians, mainly when you are one of my passengers. I heard you, I have spoken with you, but when I look at you .. I did't see you??

I never knew that Hawaiian People are invisble. A revelation to discover.

I must confess that one of my former TV-series was 'The invisble man'. I always wondered: how they do that. Now I know, it wasn't sciencefiction. They used an Hawaiian!

I've only met one visible persone once: it must have been a tourist. I guess its a Canadian with his canoe. I'v rescued him several times, but he goes back every time and uses evry time the same pretex. Hope he is save now.

We apologize .. we are kind of locked up in your country. Our planes cannot reach other countries. Sorry for that, we tried but crashed, due a lack of fuel.

But we promise ... as Randy Crawford already announced: One day i'll fly away.

Not sooner or later: but before spring ends. I'm sure that all my fellow pilots will leave your wonderful islands too, to discover new frontieres.

Tranquility will return on Hawaii ... ALASKA: HERE WE COME!

What's interesting in the OP is the 'emotional' content... I'm wondering if that is symptomatic of the engagement (of some) with the game? If so then it is a powerful tribute to the design team. Emotionally engaged customers are what brands these days aim for and pay marketing dollars to achieve.

Ever heard the expression, "I just LOVE my iPhone"? That sort of comment shows a level of emotional engagement far greater than with say Nokia devices a decade ago. The Nokia empire is now struggling to stay relevant in markets dominated by smartphones.

The winds of change blow as steadily as the Trade Winds...

Now Simcees´ post should really make it into computer pilot´s next edition :clapping:

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Also....

We sincerely apologize for the upset we've caused your cats, dogs, monkeys and various livestock.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish Agnes a speedy recovery.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Nice post, Simcees!

We would like to take this opportunity to wish Agnes a speedy recovery.

LOL

Apparently the doctors on Hawaii suck because I've been flying here to various locations and no one seems able to cure here... :wink:

Sorry for deliberately crashing over 700 times into buildings, bridges, terminals, etc...........

But I really want that "Master Of Destruction" award for 1000 crashes.

Fred.

Sorry for deliberately crashing over 700 times into buildings, bridges, terminals, etc...........

Fred.

lol. Nice one, but I think it would be better if you crashed into Alaska instead. Lower population and it's rural.

Fred.

Fred, I wonder. Who thunk up such an award? You are waaaay ahead of me and all of mine were slight misjudgments or basic screw ups. Not a single intentional one in the batch.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I am sorry that Simcees had mistaken Flight with World of Warcraft :( He wants animals, monsters, gold, thousands of residents, items etc. He doesn't want to fly the plane, he wants to interact with other people on the ground.

Cheers

Been trying to ditch the P-51 without flipping it over. Even at a full stall and full flaps it will flip every time. Yes, I gave in and got the P-51 and the P-40, no Zero thankyou. Got high flying glider and Mach-1. Once I moved the camara view back they are almost acceptable but I don't want to make a habit of it. Love the exterior detail, hope they add a VC at some point, I will gladly pay for it.

I am sorry that Simcees had mistaken Flight with World of Warcraft :sad: He wants animals, monsters, gold, thousands of residents, items etc. He doesn't want to fly the plane, he wants to interact with other people on the ground.

Oh c'mon, what he wrote was *funny*! If it was a complaint about missing features, at least he did it the right way and made it amusing.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;