Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Airbus confirms the stretched A380

Just wanted to share this, Airbus has confirmed the stretched version of the A380.

Here's a video:

Looks like this version won't be entering service until 2020, we'll probably have a PMDG A380 then. :biggrin:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I didn't really expect to see this!

And 'Sharklets' not 'Winglets!' :LMAO:

Not gonna make it any better lookin...so terribly ugly.

Also, sorry but I don't think you'll ever see a PMDG A380 as some devs have echoed similar words as the ones above...

This has been planed since the A380 was on the drawing board. Just do an Airliners.net search for A380-900 and see how far back the threads go.

Airlines I expect to order this Is Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Singapore, and possibly the other Gulf carriers and maybe Lufthansa.

Also why cant these "news" providers do more research on their stories.

"Winglets on the A320 will improve fuel burn by 15%, with the upcoming NEO improving it further"

Absolutely false! The NEO is projected to improve fuel burn by up to 15% with only a few percent coming from the Sharklets.

The only reason i pick up these simple mistakes and pointless exaggerations is because I know about aviation. If they get so much wrong in this area, I imagine it to be the same for everything else, The reason I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Rant over :Peace:

I don't see how the A380's ugly.

Does anyone think that if Qantas orders these, they will put A380s on services into Brisbane in addition to the Melbourne and Sydney services?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Also, sorry but I don't think you'll ever see a PMDG A380 as some devs have echoed similar words as the ones above...

Google some images of the A380-900 and A380-1000, though it's only just been confirmed the concepts have been floating around for a while. Personally I do think the stretched versions look better, though the A380 certainly is not all that beautiful.

The A380 isn't ugly, it's a tube, just like any airliner. What do you expect?

The A380 already creates so much problems on the ground,

Can't imagine this.

Exactly what I am thinking. -- They already had wing cracking issues. With this extended version, I am fearful for the overall integrity of this flying pig.

All part and parcel of a new design.... Just look at the 7late7, delamination of the fuselage, delamination and separation of the wing fuselage box, etc etc....and it doesnt even have to carry the weight of the A380!!

Well, the best design is not always the best looking, but I find the A380 in the air looking rather good. This is one step further in the development of technology.

The A380 already creates so much problems on the ground,

Can't imagine this.

Airbus have designed the A380 with-in the category F.

Exactly what I am thinking. -- They already had wing cracking issues. With this extended version, I am fearful for the overall integrity of this flying pig.

I trust that the engineers at Airbus know what they are doing, and if they say it is not a structural important component, I believe them. Sure, it is not good that crack appear in any surfaces, but they are discovered in time, and examined.

It do not mater what aircraft you look at, for example, an 737 that had an explosive decompression. a few years back, since Boeing had standards that the airframe should be inspected every 60.000 flights. This was lowered to 30.000 after this incident.

It is a rough environment for any type of material and we learn and try to learn before an accident occurs.

All parts of an aircraft is going throw rigours testing and the wing is implied by the 1.5 load limit.

All part and parcel of a new design.... Just look at the 7late7, delamination of the fuselage, delamination and separation of the wing fuselage box, etc etc....and it doesnt even have to carry the weight of the A380!!

But has Airbus been using new materials that will set the standard for the future, anything completely new will have problems like this and they were caught well before there were a bunch flying around. I do think it is a flying Titanic like people said above, I think they are pushing the size a bit too far.