Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Airbus confirms the stretched A380

Disgusting

Mind the gap! Two separate comment.

For your peace of mind I don't want to be disrespectful to the victims of Hindenburg.

Having a stretched pigbus is another story.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

...pigbus...

You were quick enough to tell people that they should ignore your avatar no matter how offensive they found it. Please now take your own advice and keep your ignorant comments about one of the worlds largest commercial aircraft manufacturers to yourself.

I'm curious for your opinion on this as you're a 330 captain. Why will this not go away if it's not that big of a deal. Qatar just deferred their deliveries until they figure out what's going on with the wings.

Not shooting you down at all just curious!

Just a guess here, but I'd say they're delaying their delivery a while longer as usually when a new aircraft is made, the first off the production line are fine, but over time additions are made to the design to improve it, and most of these additions happen with in the first 5 or so years of production, it makes sense to delay that little bit longer.

However what the real reason I think is here, is that this is the world of business, so I'd take "We may delay our deliveries due to cracks" to be the equivalent of "Oooh, look, a problem, give us a better rate on that airplane there, or we'll scare the shareholders by saying we'll delay our order due to manufacturing flaws"...

Just business IMO, I wouldn't take it at face value....

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Initial serial number aircraft are always as mess. Look at any IPC or mod index and you'll see all sorts of caveats and differences between the first 50 or so airframes and the rest.

Boeings are not immune from this either.

The A380 has it's honeymoon. It started getting some cycles, maintenance had to be done, and things were noticed. SDR's are filed (or whatever your regulatory body's equivilant) and the process starts. No different from any other aircraft. Regulators, operators, and the manufacturer all get together and figure it out.

The whole 'delay our orders' things is just media BS. Airbus approaches a customer and says "look, we want to incorporate this, this, and this to bring your deliveries up to this mod status. If you really object we can build the a/c to the original option and you may have to incorporate the differences at your expense at a later date." Of course the operator is going to lay off the delivery expectations for a while. The media won't pick up on that; "QATAR STOPS ALL A380 DELIVERIES" makes much better headlines on flightglobal or whatever. Straight%20Face.gif

God, Airbus.. First you make the A320 even uglier than it already is with those ''things'' on the wings and now this with your fugy beast? Just let the 777 do it's magic ta ;)

A320 is beautiful, at least it doesn't look stubby like the 737 with its RJ like nosegear lol

So does this mean it's time for PMDG to make an Airbus ;)