Dear simmers,

I have played a lot with the PMDG MD11 and its quite fun to fly ( even if its hard to :P ). Now I want to take it to a next level and make something from the MD11 cockpit.

I want to build a Throttle Quandrant to add more realism to the flight.

I have searched and searched and came up empty. I have really found nothing related to the dimensions or structure of which the MD11 throttle quandrant is built of.

Im doing this as a summer project with a friend of mine who is going to build the throttle quandrant of a Boeing 737.

Im hoping you guys could help me in any way possible because the summer is getting closer :P

Hope to hear you soon

Any help is welcome

Greetings

FOwout

I do recall someone else asking that question. The best suggestion was PPrune and hoping someone with access to the aircraft can help you.

Good luck

The MD-11 throttle pedestal is almost identical dimensionally to that of the DC 10. You could use that as your starting point.

Okay, thanks for the suggestions this far,

about that DC10 solution, I dont find any plans to make a DC10 throttle quadrant either :(

Is there a chance i can buy a throttle quadrant from an MD11 or a DC10?

I heard some people did buy those and convert it. Dunno if i could convert it but it would be a great example of what it should look like

Greetings,

FOwout ( Belgium )

I guess you are right , i didnt find something about that too ..

BTW If you are from Belgium , why you arent in the BeluxvACC ( I think ) ? :)

Maor .

Hi Wout,

Before the PMDG MD-11 was released, I would build a full home cockpit of this bird. I already had (and still have) a lot of information but because of a few factors (which I actually may not tell the public), I couldn't do it. If you really want to make your own trottle quadrant, go to the Brussels Airmuseum (see http://www.airmuseum.be/en/index.php). There's a huge archive where they have the full manual of the Sabena DC-10. The people are very friendly and willing to help you. I know because I've been there too. You have my full congrats to make the TQ and I don't want to disappoint at all but I really doubt if it will work because there is no SDK from PMDG for the MD and it'll never be.

Wish you a lot of succes with your project, :wink:.