Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Ivy Bridge hits the streets--post your results here

I have csv's if that works

Yeah that works. If you have a dropbox account just put them up there and pm me the link along with the config you used.

More results, John, I'll PM you a link once I've got initial and final results, I think. Hoping to have that all done this weekend some time.

Update: changing driver to 301.24 has definitely increased FPS, though nothing mind blowing.

New results:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg

10333, 300000, 20, 48.33, 34.48

Time for RAM. Changing to 2133 9-11-11 from 1600 8-8-8.

No worries take your time. I imagine Word Not Allowed will also send you a pm about the AA test. If not I can just forward you the same message/config I got.

Just have fun and enjoy.

Clockspeed is the single most important factor when running FSX as far as I am concerned.

It may be the single most important factor, but it is susceptible to constraints from all the other players in the process. So, it is by no means the only significant factor in running FSX IMHO.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

More results, this time with the new RAM in at 2133 9-11-11 and I'm surprised that there is a measurable difference, at nearly 10% with stock CPU & GPU things are looking *very* promising here. Just have to keep my fingers crossed for a decent OC with manageable temperatures.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg

11346, 300000, 21.66, 54, 37.57

I'll start overclocking CPU & GPU tomorrow or Saturday. Only going to have a couple hours at most tomorrow so I don't know what my chances are of finding max. stable OC but I'll give it my best!

I want to test with different PCIe speeds also, but haven't looked into my adjustment options for the PCIe link in the UEFI yet so I don't know if it will even be possible.

Needles and Pins describes it quite well, with a bit of an uneven hearbeat and irregular breathing...

Thanks looking forward for more OC results... just wondering what are you guys using to get these FPS test ?

Thanks .

I imagine Word Not Allowed will also send you a pm about the AA test.

Oh, I'm here, following :smile:

We'll see, if the FSXMark11 doesn't show any improvement, there won't be a reason for it. That cloudtests highly depends on the GPU and it's computing power. Has very little to do with PCIEX3.

Anyway, give that chip something to work! Looking forward to OC results!

Techguy - Thanks for posting your results so far.

This is really interesting as I'm ready to upgrade, but kind of waiting on your OC findings.

Looks promising so far though..

Oh, I'm here, following :smile:

We'll see, if the FSXMark11 doesn't show any improvement, there won't be a reason for it. That cloudtests highly depends on the GPU and it's computing power. Has very little to do with PCIEX3.

Anyway, give that chip something to work! Looking forward to OC results!

I wouldn't mind an FSMark11 for GPU's, so we can figure out what matters most, the SP's or the ROP's... or whatever it is that makes a GPU perform better in FSX with demanding IQ settings. We could simply add a crap load of cloud layers to the FSMark11 weather, but it would be better to run it away from complex scenery maybe

Techguy - Thanks for posting your results so far.

This is really interesting as I'm ready to upgrade, but kind of waiting on your OC findings.

Looks promising so far though..

Thanks Techguy! I am in the same boat as themose. I'm leaving for China in a week and hope to order parts for my new system before I leave so they are waiting for me when I get home! Your results are gonna be the difference between me going with IB or SB. Again, thanks for taking the plunge into the new gen hardware and documenting it for us.

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

No further results yet, been a long, busy day and I have just gotten to the bottom of the RAM stability issues I was encountering (would not pass RAM tests/extended IBT testing but was stable for FSXMark). Turns out this board sets DIMM slots 2 and 4 as primary, rather than 1 and 3. Swapping the DIMMs has completely solved the issue and the system is now rock solid as far as I can tell. I'll get started on overclocking and testing tomorrow.