Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Ivy Bridge hits the streets--post your results here

Driver version 301.42 indeed one fps faster than 301.10!

CPU: 4.7 GHz

Mem: 2133 MHz, CAS9 CR2

FSXMark11: 47.56 fps avg

HLJAMES

Thanks James, wasn't your RAM running at 2666MHz? Or is that a different machine?

Thanks James, wasn't your RAM running at 2666MHz? Or is that a different machine?

It's the Ivy Bridge machine downclocked.

With the large database we have in the spreadsheet it's easy to spot WideViewAspect=False.

Their fantastic performances do not match their hardware and it accounts for 6fps.

HLJAMES

It's the Ivy Bridge machine downclocked.

With the large database we have in the spreadsheet it's easy to spot WideViewAspect=False.

Their fantastic performances do not match their hardware and it accounts for 6fps.

HLJAMES

James, I beg to differ, as I have re-tested now twice after re-configuring my machine for FSXMark 11 testing and confirmed several times that wideview is set to true. Do you have your NV control panel set to default as per the FSXMark setup guide? Doing that to my machine I believe made the difference in FPS.

Dazz - out of curiosity, what are your fsmark11 results like?

Dazz - out of curiosity, what are your fsmark11 results like?

To be honest, I've never run it the way it's meant to be run. I did on an early version of the bench, and posted my results here. Then restored my regular FSX install but the test's config changed soon after that. Never got round to trying the newer version but there are plenty results with hardware almost identical to mine

I have an image backup of my system now with the appropriate configuration meant to be used strictly for FSMark 11 testing. I make another image of the system in its current state to restore to after I'm done with testing.

Hello Everyone, Finally my new PC parts arrived and I'm running some testing, I have Ivy 3570K OC 4.7 V1.35 + H100 running prime95 for an hr now stable so far max temp 74C on the highest core Room Temp 79F.

I also have SC EVGA 680, running with AX850 and ASUS DELUXE Z77 motherboard, G Skill Ram at 2400MHZ

I also did remove Intel TIM and replaced it with Diamond IC7, I might test later on with Coollaboratory Liquid pro that didn't arrive on time :sad: but from my understanding the difference should be around 1C vs IC7 from the reviews I've seen.

I still not very comfortable with the new ASUS motherboard as far as OC settings most left at auto for now.

I will test FSX as soon I'm done testing the CPU.

Evan

Evan, auto settings are generally fine for most things other than Vcore. Sometimes you have to set Vdimm or timings manually but that's about it.

So far so good, quick FSX test looks good. My NGX about 10-12 FPS more compared to my old 920 4.0. Very smooth. Temps around 55-60C while FSX load.

Evan.

So far so good, quick FSX test looks good. My NGX about 10-12 FPS more compared to my old 920 4.0. Very smooth. Temps around 55-60C while FSX load.

Evan.

Glad you are enjoying it! If you follow Word Not Allowed's guide, you should squeeze out additional performance.

Thanks Ben, definitely I will follow up with Word Not Allowed's guide once I finish tweaking some settings. I'm glad I didn't buy the 3770K since we all need to disable HT.

Thanks

Awesome! Can't wait to see the results! I know now that my system is so fast at least in part due to the use of Lucid Virtu technology.

Hey all. Just want to give a quick thanks to Techguy, James, Ben, Word Not Allowed, and everyone else who has added very valuable information to this thread. I have been following it since day one and just purchased my hardware based largely on what I read here. I hope to get the system up and running in the next week. I will get my FSXMark scores up as soon as I get the system smooth, stable, and hopefully blazing fast.

H100 Liquid Cooling

ASRock X77 Extreme4

3x 120GB Vertex 3 (on sale for $70 each)

8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline

EVGA GTX670 "FTW" Edition

Corsair 850W PSU

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W