Sign in to follow this  
neon123678

NGX service based failure stories.

Hi everybody.

The last few days I have gotten really interested in the NGX service based failures, I have been going around a few threads looking at what experiances different people are having. I personally think it is a brilliant idea PMDG came up with, its interesting that it is based on mean data from Boeing and not completly random.

I was thinking of starting this thread for people to comment on what interesting failures they have had , how did you deal with the problem, maybe talk about which part of the QRH you referred to and do you think you were efficent at remedying the problem.

To be honest it has been very quite for me in terms of failures,but I like to keep alert just in case anything does happen which I think adds a great amount of immersion.

Looking foward to reading your replies.

Robin

I dont think I had any service based failures yet, although I cant be really sure, I have both random and service-based one turned on.

Anyway the only one semi-serious failure I have had was engine severe damage a couple miles out of Juliana on approach. Well, I stabilised the plane, entered a holding and figured out that number one wont be turning anymore, so I went and confirmed everything is set up right (APU on, fuel crossfeed etc), calculated me the approach with TOPCAT and went for an RNAV10 approach, floated on flare a bit (as always on an 800), turned around and taxied back to the apron. Only there I found out that it wasnt a simple flameout... I just hope some poor soul did not get their yacht pierced by a stator piece shrapnel from a CFM56....

Other than that, it was mostly just nuisance stuff... single nav radio failure, single flightdata heating element failure, that kind of stuff. Mostly the QRH just told me to continue normal operation.

so far i had one failure on take off the right hand landing gear would not retract, so had to return to airport and land again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I cant get this feature to work... the hours never go down. When i start a new flight it is like the plane is brand new out of the factory. Any tips?

A quick question.

If I turn on random failures, there is a option stating numbers of failures within the next 10 hours (if I remember correctly)
But if I dont necessary want any failures within 10 hours, I just want them to be completely random, I want to be able to have a engine fire within the next 2 hours, OR after 2000 hours... I just want it to be completely random.

Is there any way to do this?

Niklas Eriksson

I've gotten a few, the most recent one being a generator drive failure. Followed the QRH, turned on the APU, and flew the remaining hour left to my destination, VIDP. 

Haven't had any service based failures yet, I know the 777 has a acceleration feature to speed up this process and hopefully this will come down to the NGX in SP2.

I am thinking about turning on random failures too 

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum.

I've activated the service based failures on my 737 and iìve flown about 10 hours with no failures yet. While fliying, I can see the engin oil level going down, but every time I restart the simulator, the engine oil goes back to full. Does anybody knows why?

Many thanks,

Andrea

None so far. I think it's "too" realistic, haha.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.