Sign in to follow this  
kimellis

PMDG B744 Autopilot 10-20 degrees of yaw

After 6 months of working very well, my PMDG B744 has suddenly decided to add 10-20 degrees of yaw whenever the autopilot is flying. It does not happen when the plane is being flown semi-manually by MCP input, nor does it happen when the plane is being flown hands-on manually. Dark & Cold, deleting fsx.cfg, deleting fsuipc4.ini, etc etc do not solve the problem. It is not yoke or pedal related. I am at my witts end, so any lifeline would be appreciated, even though I haven't tried everything. The Cockpit photo is attached. Note the ND photo below :) Thanks in advance,

ummm... what photo?

On a side note make sure your loading the aircraft up via the pmdg load manager, not the default load manager in fsx. Also a reinstall might be a good idea.

ummm... what photo?

On a side note make sure your loading the aircraft up via the pmdg load manager, not the default load manager in fsx. Also a reinstall might be a good idea.

The image was a screen capture showing the yawed track on the ND. For some reason it has not been uploaded :(

Yes, I always use the PMDG load manager. A reinstall is indicated now that I have established it is only the PMDG 744, not my PMDG 737.

Wind?

Should elaborate a bit more I guess, is it the S-Turns?

Weather on or off makes no difference.

It is not the S-Turns, it is constant.

Without a screenshot, I'm going to guess it's the "path doesn't match track" problem & you should run the flight1 registry repair tool.

Without a screenshot, I'm going to guess it's the "path doesn't match track" problem & you should run the flight1 registry repair tool.

As I mentioned initially, fsx.cfg was deleted and fsx recreated it in the correct folder, so I would doubt it would be a path problem in the registry, especially since my PMDG 737 works perfectly as mentioned above. However, in the interests of doing everything anyone suggests to fix the problem and ensure it does not come back, Flight1 registry repair tool run. No change.

The autopilot flies the track perfectly, it just does so with 10 to 20 degrees of yaw. Everything else works perfectly.

Hello,

First of all, my apollogies if my english is not perfect as i am not english mothertongue.

The second thing is that the problem told by kimellis happened also to me.

the autopilots does not follow the course straight. it does with an error of 10-20 degrees between the real flight path and its natural course, but in the end it leads you to your planned destination.

If my explanation is not clear i have the same problemof Kimelis and he explained it very well.

I have tried to atach a screenshot

Thanks in advance.

Juan Rey

The second thing is that the problem told by kimellis happened also to me.

the autopilots does not follow the course straight. it does with an error of 10-20 degrees between the real flight path and its natural course, but in the end it leads you to your planned destination.

You explained it well. Thanks Juan.

And here is my image (I hope):

In the full reply window, are you using the Attach Files option below the text box?

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I am if you get to see my screen image.

I am if you get to see my screen image.

But it don't work :(

Alright don't worry about a photo. Is Jaunmery's problem the same as yours?

If so I'm going to echo what MrKen has said, run the Flight1 registry repair tool, make sure you turn UAC off and run it as administrator.

Alright don't worry about a photo. Is Jaunmery's problem the same as yours?

If so I'm going to echo what MrKen has said, run the Flight1 registry repair tool, make sure you turn UAC off and run it as administrator.

Yes, Juan and I appear to have the same problem.

Already done.

As explained above, it did not solve the problem (see above).

if you are using active sky evolution or ase 2012 just chande wind dwc(direct weather control) to standart.

Yes, I have the same Problem. I will try to fix the problem by doing the Flight1 repair tool thing... where could i find it? I have just look the flight 1 foulder an PDMG foulder and i didn't find it.

Thanks again

Juan Rey