Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Alaskan Airports

FSX has over 600 airports listed for Alaska and only 40 listed for Hawaii.

FSX has over 600 airports listed for Alaska and only 40 listed for Hawaii.

Like Flight, I imagine that FSX includes the small private airports which the owners do not allow to be shown on the public charts.

For example, Upper Paauilo is not shown on sectional charts. If you pull up it's data at http://skyvector.com...irstrip-Airport, you'll find this comment toward the bottom:

OWNER DESIRES ARPT NOT BE CHARTED.

I hope the Hamakua Sugar Co. doesn't come after me for marking it on my sectional. :P

This could make Alaska expensive though, modeling all those airports-with one guy :LMAO:

It may take one a few hours to get the land at every airstrip in Alaska achievement... If they provide such an achievement.

Perhaps there is changing something soon??

Look here http://www.microsoft...earch?q=Flight

:Party:

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

There can also be more than one "Lead Designer" working on a single project. All that means is that you're in charge of some aspect, not necessarily the whole thing. Big game companies can have many, many "Lead Designers" all working on the same game. :Just Kidding:

Edit: Wow, yeah, from the job description they really make it sound like this is the head-honcho slot, so disregard my above, LOL

Edit: Wow, yeah, from the job description they really make it sound like this is the head-honcho slot, so disregard my above, LOL

I agree, it sure sounds the position is pretty high up in the overall vision of FLIGHT.

As EVEL KNIEVEL would say, "Happy Landings!"
http://www.towercab.com

It'll be interesting to see how many of those airports end up in Flight. Lots of seaplane bases I see... :smile:

The team responsible for creating the best civilian flying game franchise ever created (Microsoft Flight Simulator) are nurturing their newly released “Flight” title and trying to grow it into a huge array of scenery, mission and aircraft add-ons. They need someone to direct, organize and scale-up the art department. Are you that person?

That's in the description for the art lead. Certainly puts paid to the view that flight would be Hawaii only and nothing more..... ever! The future should be quite interesting. If we are patient enough.

As for Alaska. I hope they are as aware as anyone how closely this tone-setting DLC will be watched in the flight community, and elsewhere.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5