Sign in to follow this  
bud7h7

Help me out with the CS 737-200

Please bear with me, I know this is not the CS support forum but because of the nature of the problem, a solution is particularly dependent on as many views and as much participation as possible, not support from CS.

The problem: battery seems to drain with APU power, or external power.

CS said they will not address the issue until they have 10 or more complaints (lol?)

I believe they are not having more complaints because most people start up engines sooner than some of us so the issue doesn't have time to show itself, since they are on APU/GPU power for a shorter time.

I'm asking CS737 owners to fire up the APU and stay on APU power for up to 10 minutes. Most people having the dead battery issue report avionics power loss in about 6 minutes. Symptoms are radios go silent, HSI loses power, altimeter noise stops, radio dials won't turn. Everything else seems to be fine until you shut down the APU or attempt engine start and see that the battery is in fact dead.

please also make sure

1. unlimited battery is disabled in FSUIPC

2. do not enter the FSX menu while testing (could trigger a seperate bug with similar issues).

Thank you very much in advance!!

I'm asking CS737 owners to fire up the APU and stay on APU power for up to 10 minutes. Most people having the dead battery issue report avionics power loss in about 6 minutes.

I have this problem too but I think CS will have to fix it, it's a real and annoying bug which can lead the simulation.

If you do serious flight like Vatsim or VA you can't use this aircraft.

I have this problem too but I think CS will have to fix it, it's a real and annoying bug which can lead the simulation.

If you do serious flight like Vatsim or VA you can't use this aircraft.

I'm using the magic battery option in fsuipc to avoid the problem for now. It just troubles that without that workaround their could be something not right with the electrical system. Someone posted at the CS forum, if I understood correctly, that according to the DC meter, the battery is being charged while on battery power, and drained on APU generators, which of course is backwards.

Yes always solution on the shoulder of the costumer tweaks that, switch that, fix that .

There is poll now after I reply on CS thread, so if we don't get the quorum we will have to like it.

There was another poll about the possibility to use HDG with FSX variable, It got only 40 vote I think we have to like it.

The 727 is the same thing tweaks that, switch that, fix that .

Almost every addon has bugs on first release. The CS732 is superb. Once these few issues are sorted I think it will be a masterpiece by any standard.

This is really not necessarily a bug, that's what we're trying to determine at the CS forum, since not everyone is experiencing this issue. Could be something we're doing wrong when replacing previous versions with updates, who knows.

like my last girilfriend, pretty on the eyes, but there was always something missing....

Lol, that might be better than finding out there's something extra. :Thinking: