Sign in to follow this  
kraven84

what is the best way to learn?

Hello

My name is Andrew and I am from Poland. I have only base package of NGX and I have fs2crew also, a little number of sceneries - EPRZ, EPKK, EPGD, EPKT, EDDF, EGLL, that's all.Sometimes I find it very difficult to learn this aircraft, maybe it is because I don't fully understand what is written in manuals and tutorials. My English is rather intermediate, if something is written in technical language then I give up, I don't understand technical language. I am passionate about this aircraft, really love it but I am totally confused sometimes, I am dreaming about being proffesional simmer of NGX. Yesterday I have flown the route from EPRZ to EDDF with fs2crew, I found some problems on the way, for example: I have pushed too early the app button and the aircraft suddenly from 5000 ft went down steeply for a glideslope's track and the speed of a/c highly grown on a flap schedule on landing, this situation was on a straight in way to runway 25R to EDDF, I was dissapointed by that and I thought "oh God, again, I did something wrong". On that flight I had printed flow of Captain Flying from fs2crew and strictly did what was written there. When I arrived at Frankfurt I didn't hear the passengers getting out of the plane, I don't know why, the next reason why I am sad today. What I am questioning about is in the topic's title. What is the best way to learn this airplane? I mean, do I have to memorise all the flows, operations of the a/c? I have read the fcom vol 2 until chapter where FMC was described, it was long time consuming challenge but I still don't know how some things to operate, what some switches do and what is happening if I operate the a/c in the way I do this, for example I still don't know and don't understand all the schematics of electrical system and air conditioning system, the same is with engines startup - I don't know what is going on and WHY!

Please advise me what to do to be proffesional. Thank u for reading.

Depressed Andrew

EDIT

I am really jealous to people who are from USA, because of their language. I wish I could go to the USA in the future.

Do you understand spoken English better then written English?

If yes, you might want to consider getting the Angle of Attack training they're producing for the NGX. It's all video training with someone talking over the video, but it will still use technical terms.

If you don't mind spending some money, as mentioned above, you may want to take a look at AOA's 737NGX training package (see http://www.flyaoamed...7-ngx-training/ ). For $79 USD you get the complete training package that includes Gropundwork, Flightwork and Linework. The videos are comprehensive, can be downloaded to your computer, and are very well done. The nice thing about having these videos is that you can replay them of just review parts of them until you understand the topic being covered. They are about half way through the Groundwork videos (each on is about 20 to 30 minutes long) and will be starting on the Flightwork section soon.

Charlie - KSBP

Yes I understand spoken English but for me better is American, not English from England - their dialect is hard to understand for me. I know Angle of Attack training but for now I am out of money, is it expensive? Generally I think written English is better for me but I understand spoken also. I think the best possible way could be someone who may teach me but I have no idea who could it be. As for now I didn't find the person in Poland with NGX.

$79 angle of attack - ok

Edited by kraven84

Take it Step by Step.

You have a question? --> Try to isolate a specific item and aks it here. People will answer. Screenshots always help. Don't forget to include the status of the FMA (Flight Mode Annunciuator) which is the 3 blocks on top of the PFD.

Big chance that people will point you towards a manual, but that's an answer too!

Some say that there are no stupid questions. I don't agree with that but hey: if you get an answer, the only one having a problem with it is your ego :)

Have you flown the tutorial #1?

Bert Van Bulck

Andrew, i'd be glad to help (24/7) ! My help is free! lol. Im in holiday till august so anytime you need help, let me know.

PS: save yourself those 79 bucks, and get explained the manuals.

lol I am thinking about spending those 79 bucks. there are guys in Poland who can help for free but they have ifly

good night guys

Andrzej, mam nadzieję, że już jest OK ;)

Andrew, I hope everything is ok now ;)

Cheers!

Adrian

Andrew, I don't know how old you are (I'm guessing young) but I can guarantee that being good in English (especially British and American) will help you a lot in the future, and I am taking about the real world. I am at the moment learning my 7th language and all I can say is that you never know too many languages. But again even though I never lived in an English talking area I prefer reading and writing in English because:

1. Most people understand

2. Lot more information out there, especially the Internet.

3. It can impress future employers.

4. When you write it is very easy to correct a sentence. In most languages (for me Swedish, Norwegian, German, French) when adding a single word to a sentence you must rewrite everything but in English just entering an extra word usually let's you continue unchanged. This is very practical at the university when writing a annoying essay.

I am not trying to tell you what to do but I have a Polish friend and before he moved out of Poland he never understood how important the English language is. I hope that I hear by have showed the importance of the language.

On your question about the systems. If you post your questions here we can help you as good as we can. You would have to read English but it would be a good practice and easier than the original Boeing texts.

Regards

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Best way to learn is go up and fly. See what works and what doesn't. once you find your own way of starting up and all that jazz, start looking through the manuals to refine your procedures.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Back to basics. FSX has a good training program in the menu, you should start with c152 and you will find the 737 is a bigger v of the 152 , I would hand fly the 737 until you feel comfortable and that should take a month or so as a complete novice to aviation

ZORAN