Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Etch A Sketch

I don't remember if I had one of these as a child. Like all children, I probably didn't draw anything particularly interesting and worthwhile for lack of artistic training or talent.

But, now that I am older and have become a 15-year old gamer Just%20Kidding.gif , I can at last use the Etch A Sketch to advantage. Here is the ... Stearman!

Well, I still don't have any artistic talent, so it isn't much. :LMAO: And you don't have to come into this thread to tell me that and spoil my fun, thank you. :Loser:

The Stearman was not my favorite airplane at first, but I have learned to like it a lot. But, then, I like all the airplanes in Flight. Even, and particularly, Kevin's Icon, so pretty. Big%20Grin.gif

Next on my list of masterpieces to draw is the RV, love it, flies great, looks great. It's just that I don't want to shake the Etch A Sketch and lose what I already made. :LMAO:

By the way, thanks to Ramón for reminding me of this great toy, the Etch A Sketch!

Best regards.

Luis

Great work! I didn't know people could do stuff like that with an Etch-A-Sketch.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Great work! I didn't know people could do stuff like that with an Etch-A-Sketch.

Hook

Only if you have Luis's talent and god is on your side Larry !

Fred.

Luis ! I got the full colour model on ebay.

I just threw this sketch together while I was having a cup of tea. (getting those mouse crosshairs was very tricky.)

:LMAO: :LMAO: :Just Kidding:

Luis; that is some serious drawing, no wonder among other things you are also a scenery expert. :hi:

(If I ever tried to do that I would probably lose half my fingers)

Fred, that is hilarious, you even had time to draw the mouse ccrosshairs :LMAO:

It's just that I don't want to shake the Etch A Sketch and lose what I already made. :LMAO:

I think Leonardo felt the same way. :LMAO:

etch-a-sketch.jpg

I did have an Etch A Sketch when I was a child. The hardest part of drawing anything for me was figuring out how to draw what I wanted without ruining what I'd already drawn, since there's no way to move the "drawing pen" without leaving a track...

...it's like tracing out a giant maze!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You guys are great! Except for one member of my Ignore list - never see what he writes.

Those who have been here for a while and know me understand that I am only in it for the fun and laughs! Big%20Grin.gif And mostly the laughs. So sometimes I pull your leg and hope you smile. Big%20Grin.gif

I did like Fred, except not so brazenly, and took a screenshot of the Stearman, reduced it to a few lines in The GIMP, and then pasted it in a picture of an Etch A Sketch. :LMAO: Looks almost real, something like flight games. :LMAO:

I hope you enjoyed the laugh, but there is a yearning in me somewhere deep down inside for a real... no, not a Stearman, but an Etch A Sketch.Big%20Grin.gif

Best regards.

Luis

I looked closely at the pic and thought it resembled some line drawings I'd made in Photoshop, converted from photographs. Wish I could remember the filters I used at the time, as it wasn't any standard technique. Looks pretty cool anyway. :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Two posts by the same person have just been removed from this thread for violating the Flight Forum posting regulations. The author has been warned not to post in the Flight Forum whatsoever for 30 days. If unheeded he will recieve a 30 day AVSIM general suspension.

You guys are great! Except for one member of my Ignore list - never see what he writes.

Those who have been here for a while and know me understand that I am only in it for the fun and laughs! Big%20Grin.gif And mostly the laughs. So sometimes I pull your leg and hope you smile. Big%20Grin.gif

I did like Fred, except not so brazenly, and took a screenshot of the Stearman, reduced it to a few lines in The GIMP, and then pasted it in a picture of an Etch A Sketch. :LMAO: Looks almost real, something like flight games. :LMAO:

I hope you enjoyed the laugh, but there is a yearning in me somewhere deep down inside for a real... no, not a Stearman, but an Etch A Sketch.Big%20Grin.gif

Best regards.

Luis

Luis,

Avsim should make you "moderator" of levity and mirth. All those in favor raise your hand. :Loser: :Hug: :Peace:

Thanks, Mike. I wish there was more laughter and enjoyment here - I think that a lot of people are having fun with Flight.

Usually, when I am up to my practical jokes, the images are more obviously fake. And I was sure that one of you would say, "now, wait a minute, hold on."

So, it seems that this looked too real and the joke was a flop. Or maybe you guys are just too nice. Big%20Grin.gif

Best regards.

Luis

The unconnected dots in the middle made it obvious, but I figured I'd let you have your fun. :P