Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Dramatic Loss of FPS after 10 minutes

Does anyone have this problem, or has anyone had it and fixed it.

Using the default flight, I can attain 65 fps with 100% Traffic and Scenery.

After 10 minutes, my frames rapidly decend to single digits.

I've isolated my CPUs to run FS9 on all the others except CPU 0, and I've deleted my .cfg file. I still get the dramatic dip.

I've also deleted the autogen file in it's folder and adjusted my .cfg to not allow vector objects.

Any ideas?

Have you considered a memory leak, a third party scenery?

Does the drop in fps occur everywhere in FS9? You have additional AI traffic files running, you might also try switching that off temporarily to see if it might be a AI aircraft (probably not, just check the possibility). One thing you might try is configuring your CPU ( dual / quad core?) to run FS9 on cpu0 and everything else on the other cores. A last thing to check is that your AV might be starting to scan your FS9 files and the system load starting to bog FS9 down ten minutes into your flight (again, just a thought). That and background running services is all I can think of for now.

Regards,

Mel

I had a similar problem when I first loaded FS9 on a new machine. In my case, I believe it was a memory leak caused by the incorrect installation of the FS 9.1 patch. Sounds simple, but it might be worth checking out.

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. I already run only on a separate cpu for FS9.

2. I did disable all my addons to see which was causing the problem, no luck yet.

3. I did shut down my anti-virus to prevent it from scanning.

4. I'll try the fs9.1 patch again to see if something went wrong.

5. My slowdown does happen everywhere regardless of plane, scenery, time, weather, etc.

If you can think of anything else for me to check, or even a way to diagnose the problem. Is there a log of activity for fs9 somewhere?

thanks again, guys (and any gals who chime in)

Have you done very much tweaking to the FS9.cfg file? Graphics card driver updates / rollbacks? Check to see what services are running in the background. Unless I am mistaken, if you command fs9 to run only on cpu0 and fs9 is using say 60% - 80% on cpu0 and some service kicks in that has not been directed otherwise may use 60% of cpu0 then cpu0 will max and the remaining 20% - 40% of the services load will go to cpu1 - 3 (quad core?)

That however leaves fs9 throttled. If you have a quad core you might try running fs9 on cpu3 just to test for a difference.

Regards,

Mel