Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

LWcfg.xml invalid?

After installing Orbx's just released NRM patch 001 I booted up fsx only to receive this msg, " Living World settings in LWcfg.xml are invalid. Please delete LWcfg.xml from your hidden user profile directory." The only Lw.cfg file I can locate is in my "users/john/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx" folder and it is called "LWcfg.SPB. I deleted this file and received the same msg upon re-booting fsx. I have never installed the fsx demo. I finally tried repairing fsx using the original discs and after the repair routine was complete I restarted fsx only to receive the same msg about the LWcfg.xml file.

Where is this file? I apparently corrupted fsx in some fashion and now I am thinking I must delete and re-install fsx which is a terrible thought given all of my addons.

A search of these forums reveals this problem has been addressed however I can not seem to find a solution posted that I can follow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John

AFAIK the only LWcfg.spb is in the main flight simulator X folder. SPB is a compiled version of xml. I don't know if FSx will also read an LWcfg.xml file, I suppose it might. I don't know any reason to have multiple versions, except as backups if you edit it. My default one on SP2 is from 12/10/2007.

scott s.

Thanks Scott - Try as I might, I couldn't resolve the issue. I have been forced to un-install FSX and will be re-installing the lot over the next few days. I have no idea how the error took place. I can't even find the offensive xml file on my system, only the above mentioned SPB file.

I have LWcfg.xml in "users/username/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx" this one is edited and acts as. xml.

The original LWcfg.SPB is as Scott say in the main flight simulator X folder, FSX use now the .xml file.

Jan.

the original lwcfg.spb is located in the fsx  main folder,just get it to the hidden profile (i.e) "users/username/app data/roaming/microsoft/ fsx"  paste the spb file (if there is a current xml file there delete it) there and change the extension to .xml ,that is lwcfg.xml(lwcfg.spb change to lwcfg.xml)  ...and watch the magic happen

need feedback pls