Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Farewell to all, Logging off for the first time and last time after 2507 post and almost 8 years

Well after 2500 plus posts, almost 8 years, financial donations to the Avsim cause over the years and after the hack I truly never thought I would see the day when I "logged out" of Avsim and did not want to come back but unfortunately that day has come so I want to say THANK YOU to Tom and the team for all of the years spent here. I want to say THANK YOU to the friends I have made and the support I have received over the years through some very tough personal times.

After 8 years in July, 2500+ posts I was actually warned of suspension tonight for questioning why it is ok for a particular user to start every post with a :Loser: because they are a fan of Flight while no one else is allowed to question it and why it is not ok for someone who is not a fan of Flight to do the same.

It is ironic that someone who started a topic on treating others with respect is suspended for questioning why another user can't be more respectful in their postings towards others and why they have to begin every post with a provocation but it has been a wonderful ride and an incredible experience and resource and one that became a part of my daily routine none-the-less. Sadly tonight that routine has been broken and with that so has my desire to return.

I did not insult any other user, I did not insult Flight, I was not derogatory of anything or anyone, all I did was ask a user why he had to start EVERY post in a provocative manner. And yes,I questioned if it was someone who was against Flight doing that why they would have been suspended after they did it once. But because this user is Pro Flight he can do it with every post. How is that fair? It is like allowing a child to stand there with their tongue out going na na na na na (with the melodic tone of course) provoking another child and telling the other child they have to sit there and take it and are not allowed to say anything about it in return. It is one sided protected speech for Flight fans to behave however they like with no ramifications while any negative comment gets you an official email from a member of the Avsim staff... I don't agree with the constant belittlement and berating of Flight and Flight fans, it is no different that FS9 V FSX but never has one side been allowed free reign while the other was forced silent. You are ONLY allowed to post for support UNLESS it is PRO Flight then you can post whatever you like.

I just think things have become very one sided and that is what I was expressing. I was not rude, I was not derogatory, I did not refer to the other user as :Loser: I just questioned it...

If that gets me banned then so be it but I was neither derogatory of Flight nor another user I questioned WHY someone has to start every post in a provocative manner and why he is allowed to do so and then I get suspended and the mods go pat the Flight fan on the back and tell him it is all ok...

Quite unfair from my perspective I am sorry

With that type of censorship and that type of treatment of people who have been here for 8 years with 2500+ posts a 60+ rating of Excellent the Mods have successfully pushed another member out of the Avsim community.

Thank you for the years, thank you for the memories, keep the wings up and the wheels down :hi: I will not ask my ID be removed or deleted, I hope I have contributed a lot here over the years and I would not want that lost for others...

Farewell, and logging off (hopefully for now)...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Maybe just take a break for a little while. AVSIM will still be here.

Matthew Kane

Can I have your loot?

I here-by bequeath all of my VIRTUAL FS $$ to Vincent :)

Thanks Matthew, all the best to everyone...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Damn, censure is something i never saw coming from avsim staff.

Good luck wherever you go psolk.

>>Damn, censure is something i never saw coming from avsim staff.

Are you kidding me? It's become the standard. I used the term "tyranny" last year in a post, and some pedestrian, uneducated boob thought I was being over[ly-sic] dramatic when in fact I was only trying to be illustrative, but when somebody as kind and gentle as Paul is warned about 'suspension' I think it pretty much applies. This is crazy!

Sorry to see you go, because I've followed some of your posts over the years, and I've always found you helpful with +ve things to say. But life is too short, so ATB+Happy Landings, wherever they may be.

Read my pinned post in the FLIGHT forum. Are you requesting that your account be deleted?

>>Damn, censure is something i never saw coming from avsim staff.

Are you kidding me? It's become the standard. I used the term "tyranny" last year in a post, and some pedestrian, uneducated boob thought I was being over[ly-sic] dramatic when in fact I was only trying to be illustrative, but when somebody as kind and gentle as Paul is warned about 'suspension' I think it pretty much applies. This is crazy!

I assume you're calling me the "pedestrian, uneducated boob"? After all, I am the one that said you were being dramatic in your "illustration". For the record, I am educated. Rather or not you believe I'm "pedestrian" or a "boob" makes no difference to me; I've got it made.

On that note: Yet again your "illustrations" are overly dramatic, offensive, and downright rude (and also highly inaccurate). The Mods have the "right", if you will, to govern these forums as they see fit. Tom chooses them accordingly, and has sole executive power to overturn any decisions made. I'll have you know that I've never witnessed Tom second guessing the decisions made by Mods, and this is one of the most friendly, professional forums on the internet for that reason... Regardless of all of that, the Mods are indeed human. They will have bad days, and they will make poor decisions at times. Get over it.

Finally. I'm not sure what makes you the "educated" one around here. Is it the fact that you've repeated the word "tyranny" around here like a parrot? I digress. Have a wonderful night.

psolk: I ask you to reconsider! You've always been a good personality to have around here!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Psolk,

You'll be missed bud as I've enjoyed your posts over the years. I understand how you're feeling. Take care bud and keep the blue side up.

Blake

I think overly dramatic would be making a 5+ paragraph post about how you will never be coming back here, haha.

Ahh, crud. I've been deleted . . . nuts!

I hope you change your mind.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Paul, take a month break, forget avsim, do some flying, ride your bike, kiss a nice girl, get some cold beers and see you here back in June. :drinks:

Paul, take a month break, forget avsim, do some flying, ride your bike, kiss a nice girl, get some cold beers and see you here back in June. :drinks:

:Applause: :Applause: :Applause: Brilliant, Rafal.