Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Farewell to all, Logging off for the first time and last time after 2507 post and almost 8 years

Tom, NOTHING I did violated ANY of your rules. All I did was ask why someone had to use a LOSER emoticon with every post as I found it disrespectful. How is THAT a violation of the rules?

I am not a Flight Basher, nor do I attack other individuals, I support everyone making their own choice and defend that right adamantly. I am sorry that I feel if everyone have to be respectful to the Flight community that they should return the same common courtesy. That is all I said...

I posted 1 line in 2 posts asking why a specific user had to start every post with a :Loser: which I found to be disrespectful and provocative... Again, I did not attack Flight, i did not attack an individual, I did not Question Flight, I have never bashed MS or anyone else for supporting Flight, I expect the same level of respect from the people in the Flight Forum as they expect from us. Is that so wrong?

I am sorry that expecting MUTUAL respect in that forum is so offensive and warranted my suspension.

Seriously what would happen if someone went into the Flight forum, was negative and began every single post with if you don't agree you are :Loser: ? They would be suspended in a heartbeat. Yet because this user is Pro-Flight they are allowed to start every post with if you don't agree with me you are :Loser: ... All I was saying is that is a HUGE double standard and the Flight fan should be told to show more respect as well! Give me the same respect I am expected to give you... Is that really so wrong?

I specifically stated I did not want my ID deleted as my entire post history would be blown away along with all of the help I have provided over the years, if that is unacceptable then by all means delete me entirely over questioning why a user can't be more respectful and speak to others the same way they want to be spoken too...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I have noticed the MS flying game getting the hockey goal tender protection policy! Protecting the infant child in order to advance an agenda? Kinda strange.

I have no problem with censorship in a private forum. My whole point and waht got me suspended from the Flight forums was that Flight users should treat others with the same level of respect they want to get in return.

You are never going to get ANY positive conversation or interaction when one half of the conversation begins every conversation by calling you a loser and you can do nothing about it.

MUTUAL respect is all I was ever after and look where it got me....

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

...I was actually warned of suspension...

...waht got me suspended from the Flight ....

Were you warned or suspended?

Paul,

I hope you choose to stay; I feel it's a great shame that anyone with such a strong feeling for justice should be made to feel unwelcome for the sake of political correctness.

Just bear in mind what Michael Mates had engraved on Asil Nadir's watch.

Best regards,

D

Were you warned or suspended?

I was suspended from posting in the Flight Forum, if I violate that I will be suspended from Avsim or banned.

All because I expressed displeasure with another user calling anyone who didn't agree with him a loser

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

To all who followed this and participated thank you....

I am happy to say that Tom and I have had a very productive offline conversation that has made me more comfortable with what happened and why it happened...

I look forward to a long and respectful stay here at Avsim, it is really a phenomenal resource and if we can all maintain that mutual respect despite our differing opinions it will remain that way...

Without respect we are nothing more than the child on the playground with our tongues out...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I read some posts from the individual you're talking about. I think it's embarassing himself and I feel pity for him actually. You know how they say, in some cases "indifference is the best weapon".

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Glad to note that you are staying on, and that all is now well. Let's hope this does not raise its ugly head again and we sail in calmer waters henceforth. It's only a sim at the end of the day.

I am happy to say that Tom and I have had a very productive offline conversation that has made me more comfortable with what happened and why it happened...

I look forward to a long and respectful stay here at Avsim, it is really a phenomenal resource and if we can all maintain that mutual respect despite our differing opinions it will remain that way...

Without respect we are nothing more than the child on the playground with our tongues out...

Phew.... When I started reading this topic I thought 'Oh my'... Luckily it ended well...! :drinks:

:Party: :Peace: Nice one

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just my opinion but,

I believe AVSIM is in a bit of a spot with FLIGHT... they are dealing with a product which has clearly fallen short of what THIS community wanted and more or less expected.

That caused some considerable emotions that manifested themselves in the form of posted speech in the pre-release FLIGHT forum and to some extent continue today.

AVSIM understands that any future this community has or might have with MS requires them to walk a fine line. One on hand they must keep those forums open so people can free discuss FLIGHT et al and MS can read those commits with their own eyes.

On the other hand they mustn't allow overt bashing or attacking of the product for fear MS would simply say... whats the point and stop working communicating with AVSIM.

So Tom et al, are faced with a job of implementing a policy that takes care of both sides of the coin. Naturally it will come in the form of censorship, because thats the only way the bashing and attacking can be left out. Also they must ride herd on all topics for fear that anyone of them could go sideways in the blink of an eye...

FLIGHT is a disappointment, I think that much is obvious.

But there are some who find it appealing.

For the rest of us, we still have FSX and X-Plane 10.

In the future either MS will realize their mistake and build FS11, or X-Plane10 will begin to attract MSFS users, once the likes of Flight1, PMDG etc... start making add-ons for it. Or another FS from another company will rise up and catch our eye.

Personally I believe that MS will see sooner rather than later that FLIGHT marketed towards the gamers is destine to fail. Those folks like Call of Duty and Need for Speed, Halo etc... FLIGHT will appeal to them for about a month then they'll move on...

Fortunately FLIGHT is free, otherwise I'd bet a steak dinner not half of those who have it now, would have it at all...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Fortunately FLIGHT is free

Eh? I thought I read a review in the latest PC Pilot issue where one has to buy credits on a sliding scale to get different sceneries, aircraft, etc, so how can it be free? Not that I'd touch it with a barge-pole. This is just like where other MS products are heading for. They goofed big style with Vista and XP which they are trying to kill, but refuses to go away.

Eh? I thought I read a review in the latest PC Pilot issue where one has to buy credits on a sliding scale to get different sceneries, aircraft, etc, so how can it be free?

Hello

Here you go a free flight simulator for you, complete with two free aircraft.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Thanks but no thanks. Like I said, I'd not touch it with a barge pole. FS XI...........well............I can dream on.

I only glanced at the award rating and the box-out of that PC Pilot review, hence the credits info is from there.

But I feel that the progress FS has made since way back to FS95, other developers will consign MS to history in the near future, and some thoughts have already sprung here, viz. X-Plane, Prepare3D, etc,etc.