Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Farewell to all, Logging off for the first time and last time after 2507 post and almost 8 years

Hello

Here you go a free flight simulator for you, complete with two free aircraft.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

A flight simulator? ...not even close, all what you have there is a videogame,

Being honest, I'm surprised MS didn't release a facebook version of this.

For the rest of us, we still have FSX and X-Plane 10.

How come I have been excluded? scratchhead-1.gif

Paul, take a month break, forget avsim, do some flying, ride your bike, kiss a nice girl, get some cold beers and see you here back in June. :drinks:

Rafal - you can be my therapist any time you want. Though I do question your putting bike riding ahead of kissing a nice girl and getting some cold beers - but I guess if you're going to ride a bike then doing it before the cold beers is probably sensible. BTW, kissing girls who aren't nice can be fun too! LOL

Seriously my friend - you really are a good man and we are all lucky to have you on here as a member of our community.

Paul - although I can't improve on Rafal's advice, I do want you to know that I have always appreciated your posts, have always found you helpful and positive and am sad that this incident occurred but I'm glad to hear that it's been resolved. And remember, us FS9 Luddites are always going to be happy to see you on our forum...

Cheers

Ian

How come I have been excluded? scratchhead-1.gif

Sorry my friend... I was in a rush while type... won;t happen again. :sorry:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Nice to see that you are staying on with us Paul.

\Robert Hamlich/

Methinks I've been close to being banned for some of the opinions I've expressed to those who bait the conversation in the FLIGHT forum. I've never been one to walk away, but I think the days of healthy debate are coming to an end here on AVSIM. I'm a true fan of the forum with 1886 posts, and I like to think over the years that I've helped many while receiving much help in returrn.But I can understand the potential relief of just flying, reading some of my favorite forums, and not POSTING. I'm pretty close to that way of thinking, and if it happens, well then, it's going to happen.

I long for the days that we could agree to disagree and try to sway the thinking of others in a conversational and "spirited" way. Yes, I remember the fun we had.

I still miss seeing the intelligent posts of Geoff Applegate and following his adventures. There were many other members who maturely disagreed with others about "likes" and "dislikes" without the threats.

I'm posting less and less, and it isn't for lack of something to say or contribute. I am not tired. I'm just getting weary.

Stan

Welcome Back Psolk.....Good to see you will be sticking around for another 2507+ posts and counting.

All the best mate :drinks:

Matthew Kane

To all who followed this and participated thank you....

I am happy to say that Tom and I have had a very productive offline conversation that has made me more comfortable with what happened and why it happened...

I look forward to a long and respectful stay here at Avsim, it is really a phenomenal resource and if we can all maintain that mutual respect despite our differing opinions it will remain that way...

Without respect we are nothing more than the child on the playground with our tongues out...

I share all of your feelings and I too have been warned.

What would be useful for some of us would be that you share anything you'd care to (or feel is appropriate) as to why you've done a total 180 turn. You have very poignantly intimated my EXACT feelings on what is going on in the Flight forum.

For the benefit of those who are generally feeling the way you expressed in this thread, what is the nature of your new understanding?

I too would love to achieve the same realization you have.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

What would be useful for some of us would be that you share anything you'd care to (or feel is appropriate) as to why you've done a total 180 turn. You have very poignantly intimated my EXACT feelings on what is going on in the Flight forum.

For the benefit of those who are generally feeling the way you expressed in this thread, what is the nature of your new understanding?

I too would love to achieve the same realization you have.

I am sure you would Jeff... Topic now closed.