Sign in to follow this  
Sigma54

Aerocache of the Day

I have a question regarding the Aerocaches of the day. Up to now, I've been missing a lot of Aerocaches so I've been collecting them in order of difficulty from easiest to hardest (whilst generally ignoring the Aerocache of the day). However, I've finally caught up so now I'm focusing on the one they have selected as the Aerocache of the day.

I'm not sure, however, what it means that the Aerocache expires? What happens after it expires? Is there a certain benefit to getting before it expires?

For example, I read some people looking for the South Kauai VOR Aerocache as today's Aerocache. I don't have this one yet but the Aerocache of the day it is showing me currently is Kalohi - Pailolo Channels... This might be because it is after midnight where I am so Kalohi may be tomorrow's Aerocache... But then what happened to the South Kaui VOR Aerocache? It isn't showing up in my list. Will it show up later?

Thanks!!

Normally the aerocache of the day will be active for 24 hours, then will go away to be replaced by a new one. Currently they're running two aerocaches of the day so people can get the ones they missed due to a glitch in the last Flight update, so the AotD will only be active for 12 hours. There's a list on the Flight site.

https://news.microsoftflight.com/blogs/news/archive/2012/04/17/aerocaches-twice-the-fun-from-april-18-until-may-17.aspx

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Hi; You made several questions.

The aerocaches present on the Free game and on the Hawaii DLC sum 53, you can collect them anytime.

The aerocaches of the day are only supposed to be present for a day, however since there was a bug on one of the title updates and then fixed we now can collect 2 aerocaches (AM & PM) of the day until May 17.

So my advice is you start collecting as many aerocaches of the day as possible, since you now have only 17 days left to collect them

Be advised that you might have to quit Flight in order for the second PM aerocache shows up in your game.

Edit: Hook beat me to it. =)

Oh! So the Aerocaches of the day don't end up in the list of All Aerocaches once they expire? Did not know that! Hahaha! Ooops! I guess I should have been doing the Aerocaches of the day first then before the ones in the list!

The funny thing is, even if you do collect them, they will not show up in the list of collected Aerocaches. Your Aerocache count will go up but you will never be able to look back to see the Aerocaches of the Day that you have done, only the 53 included with the game.

Lol... that's why it says I have 56 of 53 collected... I couldn't figure out how that made sense! I guess it's from 52 Aerocaches with the game (53 minus Curvature of the Earth), and 4 from Aerocaches of the day... Makes sense now!

Yep, once the Daily one is gone, it's gone (except for the bugged ones that are now being repeated).

I didn't understand that at first, either, so I missed out on some. Looking back, I do wonder what they even were... :sorry:

It would be nice, if the already expired Aerocaches Of The Day (already found or not yet found) were available in the normal Aerocache list, maybe under their own category "Previous Aerocaches Of The Day".

So those of us, who cant fly every day, could collect them later.

Reinstating all the old Hawaii Dailys somehow would be something nice to add when Alaska comes out and (I presume) the current Dailys will be up there.

Even if they don't count toward the "Daily Aerocache" awards, it would be nice if the content didn't simply vanish if you missed it. Heck, even remove their XP awards, but leave a way for us to "go back" and find them.