Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

OrbX Steward Airport..... where does it stop

They're doing some great work over there! Between Orbx and Aerosoft, Europe and the US PNW are getting a lot of love. I just haven't figured out why the US Southeast isn't getting some attention yet. It's the single most popular place in the world for aviation. Especially flight training and other GA.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I am surprised we did not see a few squirrels digging in the dirt around the taxiways looking for some acorns.

Geez, an absolutely gorgeous rendition.

Bob

Just out of interest, what spec computers do they use at Orbx? All looks very nice but I really struggle with everything released over the past six to eight months, so much so that a few of the very latest ones were uninstalled as it was pointless trying to fly there. Was this video made using FSX or P3D? It doesn't say.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

The problem is not in the FSX. FSX is an extremely capable platform. It's something many developers have been saying for years. And it's actually quite more stable than many say.

The problem is in the hardware. The hardware is never going to catch up with what FSX is really capable of. They made a game which can potentially do so much more, and can tax the system SO much, that it can't run on the current hardware. Nor was it made for it in the background really (4GB limit).

So, as hardware grew more powerful, we are seeing better and better stuff because we can run it. Imagine this coming out 4 years ago, I bet developers could have made it, but it would bring any system to a crawl and nobody would end up using it.

You could probably produce Heathrow in the same quality and detail, but what would happen with the frames is another story.

On another note: this looks so friggin' awesome it's just unreal.

I will buy this when it goes on sale :LMAO:

Thanks FTX.. I now have a puddle of drool to clean up off my desk..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

That's sick! I'm gonna have to get me some o' dat ORBX when finances improve.

Yeah, their scenery design is brilliant!!.

Amazing detail.Superb!!

I will buy this when it goes on sale :LMAO:

That's just cruel :)

www.antsairplanes.com

It's like a first person shooter. I was waiting for some bad guys to pop out of that shed and start shooting.

I do wish they were not going to give up on larger airports that can fit the NGX. Really the NGX and Orbx scenery make the whole thing a whole different affair.

Stewart looks great. I most likely will buy depending upon price. The attention to detail in the new photo imagery on the ground is pretty kwel. Not much else to do up on Stewart though.

Interestingly, I notice that they have the dreaded micro stutters in their little movie.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Since most of the airports in ORBX are smaller strips, landing and taking off can be a challenge in a passenger jet.

I bought Melbourne,Tamworth and Brisbane during the sale,as well as a couple in the PNW.I've been using a 737-200 in airports around 5000 feet in length,somehave ILS,most do not, so , I like short haul flights,because I can do more landings and also the flights can be done at lower altitudes,where I can enjoy the scenery which is why I bought ORBX in the first place.

You can also make great videos,another skill at which I need more practice.LOL

Ron

Ron Service

Stewart looks great. I most likely will buy depending upon price. The attention to detail in the new photo imagery on the ground is pretty kwel. Not much else to do up on Stewart though.

Interestingly, I notice that they have the dreaded micro stutters in their little movie.

Getting super smooth frames while recording HD video with all the goodies turned on is going to be pretty hard on any system. Encoding video is resource heavy and on average will shave 10-15FPS out of gameplay and that's any game. Add to that the constant write nature of recording video it will hamper down your HDD seek times also.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors