Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

Are these good seats

i am going to Germany on Lufthansa and i am flying a 747 in seat 47K and on the way back an A380 on seat 81 A. I was wondering how are the views of the wing on these seats and if they are good seats. Also how is flying economy of Lufthansa.

I always try and get seats a few rows in front in the engines, the aircraft sounds completely different front that position and you get to hear the high pitched spool and whine much clearer

Rob Prest

When flying in the NG, I prefer to be located in the aft seating section. From that seat, you can clearly hear the muffled spool of the CFM56s. Also, during takeoff, the power of the thrust is incredible.

According to the seat map at http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/Seat-maps 81A is just behind the wings so you could see all the flaps and spoilers activity and 47K isn't shown but is probably right up at the front so you'd get a good view of the ground, other aircraft etc.

Dugald Walker

Yes, sorry, I didn't even notice that it was a 747. Still, 47K seems far enough back to get a good view of the ground as well as flaps etc.

Dugald Walker

I allways sit in the very back in case it crashes.Just%20Kidding.gif But than again you are more exposed to the exploding fuel tanks back there. You cant win can you.

I don't know what you guys are after but when I fly I prefer to sit behind the wings so you can see all the pilot inputs. The only aircraft where I chose the front is the MD-80 since it so incredibly silent. It gives an amazing TO feeling to be pushed in your seat without hearing the engine noise. :biggrin: Although it is interesting to see the ailerons since it has servo tabs which makes the movement seem different.

I allways sit in the very back in case it crashes.Just%20Kidding.gif But than again you are more exposed to the exploding fuel tanks back there. You cant win can you.

Nope, there are so many other factors involved that the seat is quite unimportant. But I would guess that an emergency exit nearby would be preferable. Just wondering, are you scared of crashing or where you being ironic? ^_^

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

With the A380 the whole cabin seems very quiet on takeoff no matter where you sit so if you love noise she's not your jet no matter the seat.

i am going to Germany on Lufthansa and i am flying a 747 in seat 47K and on the way back an A380 on seat 81 A. I was wondering how are the views of the wing on these seats and if they are good seats. Also how is flying economy of Lufthansa.

Check out www.seatguru.com for feedback from passengers' experience with Lufthansa and other airlines regarding seat location on their different fleet aircraft and many configurations.

Jeff Smith

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

With the A380 the whole cabin seems very quiet on takeoff no matter where you sit so if you love noise she's not your jet no matter the seat.

I remember reading that EK crews where complaining they couldn't sleep when on rest as the aircraft was so quiet they could hear all the passengers. Apparently there rest area is a walled off room at the back of the economy section.

Also I normally like to sit behind the wing to see all the inputs and I like watching the flaps. But I must say, the last row of a 777-300 experiences a lot of movement. Was noticeable in turbulence and on the ground. Swings out heaps on turns, and bounces when going over bumps.

Just being silly. Actually during the rare times I ride on an airliner I try and sit at the emegency exit. Not because I am paranoid or afraid but because I know human nature. People have died because those exits did not get opened in a timely fashion. :Hypnotized:

Just being silly. Actually during the rare times I ride on an airliner I try and sit at the emegency exit. Not because I am paranoid or afraid but because I know human nature. People have died because those exits did not get opened in a timely fashion. :Hypnotized:

Beside that there is much more room on that seats, I always ask for them.

www.seatguru.com

Pretty much any airline, with their specific config, and comments by people who have sat in particular seats. Pretty good site for all of that.

Kyle Rodgers

When flying on the 747 I usually choose behind the wing seats, mainly because you can see more!!

Im flying to San Francisco a week on Tuesday on Virgin 747, I chose 54A because when flying over Iceland, Greenland the Rockies etc.. there's no obstruction from the wing and a great photo opportunity!