Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

I love Mountains

I guess because I live in a rather flat geographically boring part of the world,(NYC), I love to fly over and around mountain areas.

I always think to myself, what would happen if the engine quit over one of these areas? Where would I go?

Rob

Car_Seneca_12-1.png

Car_Bonanza_8-1.png

Car_Bonanza_13.png

Car_Seneca_2-1.png

Car_Seneca_11-1.png

Car_Seneca_10.png

Car_Seneca_4-1.png

Car_Seneca_1-1.png

Car_Bonanza_3-1.png

These are the best X-plane shot that I have seen to date. Awesome

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

AMAZING!!!!!!!! Looks like a painting!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Superlative shots!!

Keep 'em coming. :Party:

Mountain flying is the best reason to own X-Plane 10 right now. PNW bush flying is simply amazing.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Awesome.

nebojsa

Last one is my favorite.. I love when the clouds render like that!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Beautiful shots! These really show the greatness of XP10.

Wow. Is that XP 10 right out of the box. Or do you have add-ons to make the mountains and the clouds looks so awesome?

Excellent Rob!!! :smile:

Darryl

Wow. Is that XP 10 right out of the box. Or do you have add-ons to make the mountains and the clouds looks so awesome?

Its not quite out of the box. Im using a freeware higher resolution mesh. available here http://www.alpilotx....d-scenery-mesh/

Rob

P.S Thanks for the comments.

@PDX Flyer-

XP10's default clouds are really nice, albeit resource intensive-- especially for those of us with ATI cards. The good thing is that even with cloud details/density set very low, the visuals around the aircraft, imo, are better than equivalent settings in FSX. There's also a distinct lack of that rotating billboard effect, and overcast is depicted really well. Of course, as with all things, they could use some improvement. REX-Plane is available, and I'm sure it's an improvement. The cool thing about XP10 is the way it handles lighting globally. This makes for some realistic sunsets and sunrises that, when coupled with the clouds and haze, takes the idea of "as real as it gets" to a whole other level. Rob's shots are beautiful to behold, but experiencing it in fluid motion is something altogether greater.

I say this as a lover and flyer of FSX, but I'm shamelessly having an affair with X-Plane right now. ;)

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.