Sign in to follow this  
Anthony1968

Angle of Attack Aviator Pro

Has anybody invested in this training program. At $19 per month I'm a bit concerned about the ongoing cost. I'm sure a person could charge through the content fairly quickly but I don't have that much "disposable" free time. On the other hand if the feedback was generally good it might be worth a try.

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aviatorpro/

Anthony O'Brien

CA_2a_70.jpg

I've a former subscriber and I must say it is excellent. There are some lessons which the content was something I already knew but it definitely helps to get refreshed on skills. However there are a bunch of new things to learn and these videos are an excellent way to learn the material.

Now I am a former subscriber not for any fault of the material but due a change in my financial situation and I had to give it up for a while, however when i left it about 6 weeks ago they had ~80 videos up. Currently they are working on Multi-engine training in the Real Air Duke.

But $19/month is a good price for the amount of content you get and they have credited a month back on one occasion when the release schedule got a little slow. In fact I received an email last night that Chris is doing a sale at the moment. There is $10 off for Aviator Pro, I'll assume this is for the 1st month only, so $9.. not bad..

See what other people have to say and make your choice accordingly.. But I have all of Angle of Attack's products and I can't recommend them enough..

epw-sig.jpg

I've a former subscriber and I must say it is excellent. There are some lessons which the content was something I already knew but it definitely helps to get refreshed on skills. However there are a bunch of new things to learn and these videos are an excellent way to learn the material.

Now I am a former subscriber not for any fault of the material but due a change in my financial situation and I had to give it up for a while, however when i left it about 6 weeks ago they had ~80 videos up. Currently they are working on Multi-engine training in the Real Air Duke.

But $19/month is a good price for the amount of content you get and they have credited a month back on one occasion when the release schedule got a little slow. In fact I received an email last night that Chris is doing a sale at the moment. There is $10 off for Aviator Pro, I'll assume this is for the 1st month only, so $9.. not bad..

See what other people have to say and make your choice accordingly.. But I have all of Angle of Attack's products and I can't recommend them enough..

So how to get $10 of the Aviator Pro? I don't receive that sales email.

Zicheng Cai

According to the email, when you go to purchase it, it should automatically apply the discount to the shopping cart. I just tested it myself and it did work. I do not know how long this particular sale is on for though.

epw-sig.jpg

@ Eamonn, you've persuaded me to go for it. Actually, I only needed a gentle shove. Can I ask which aircraft you did your Aviation Pro virtual training in? I have the Carenado Piper Seneca in my collection but I'm not too impressed by the very poor visibility from the cockpit.

Anthony O'Brien

CA_2a_70.jpg

Hey all! Look forward to seeing you in the training. Eamonn was one of our star Trainees in AviatorPro. He's missed, for sure.

Anthony, we mostly use the Carenado F33A Bonanza. We have been using the RealAir Duke recently for the multi training.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Thanks Chris, signing up today. I was considering the PMDG 737NGX training but it's too big a step. As a PPL student I often consider training on FSX more challenging in some ways because I have to learn to deal with the software (add-ons, utilities etc) as well as the aviation skills.

Anthony O'Brien

CA_2a_70.jpg

Thanks Chris, signing up today. I was considering the PMDG 737NGX training but it's too big a step. As a PPL student I often consider training on FSX more challenging in some ways because I have to learn to deal with the software (add-ons, utilities etc) as well as the aviation skills.

Agreed, the software set can be a royal pain i tell ya.. I already have my PPL and I use my FSX to help hone my skills. I can even practice intercepting VOR's and NDB's using FSX. Its awesome.

I have purchased the 767 and 747 dvd's, i got the MD11 on opening day and the 737NGX right off the hop..

Thanks..

epw-sig.jpg

Have to agree AoA well worth signing up for. Started with the free 90 series which convinced me that 90Pro would be worth undertaking. Took out a years subscription...cheaper in the long term. Around 45GB of downloadable material, including HD and Portable media.....so Throttle On.... :LMAO: ....sorry Chris, couldn't resist.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Yes I download every episode of all their content so while I'm no longer a member of Aviator Pro I still have all the content they released up to the point i terminated my subscription.. I even took the DVD's of the 767 and 747 training and put them on my computer so i can watch them on any of my devices.. DVD's just aren't portable as my iphone/ipad is..

However I do fully recommend their products, including their 737 training although not complete is very professional and very well done despite the haters out there. They may not have had the release schedule that everyone was expecting but lately it has been very good with 1 a week..

epw-sig.jpg

We have also just completed the 737NGX GroundWork

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aoa/737ngx-groundwork-complete/

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Yea, I am onto the 737 now...great stuff.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

If only I was ready for NGX training!!! Working through Aviator Pro at the moment. Excellent tutorials, well worth the price and I'm thrilled I can finally read charts.

Actually I reckon I need to upgrade my PC to get PMDG 737NGX to run smoothly.

Anthony O'Brien

CA_2a_70.jpg

The information is excellent for the price. My only gripe is paying an extra $5 to download the videos, and the fact that some videos have odd artifacts that were not even proofed (like the "logo" that pops up that should be an arrow)

Information wise it's a good flight. Unfortunately the Duke isn't available for P3D so that doesn't give you an EXACT match to fly with, but it'll still work with your aircraft.

Not sure if the XP Reality GNS 430 is a requirement either.

Nathan Allen Pinard

Virtual Pilot in Training

Composer/Sound Designer

www.nathanallenpinard.com

The content of videos is good.  I am using Mozilla Firefox with Download Helper plugin for watching - it enables the download of media file (mostly mp4 or flv) after viewing the episode. Maybe this $5 enables access to videos in better format/quality? 

XP Reality GPS is used in most of cross-country episodes - especially for RNAV and LPV approaches. Is default FSX GPS capable?

I am using X-Plane 10 with its default simple GPS and impatiently waiting for release 10.30 with its new X-430 and X-530 navigators.