Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwseyvnd

Which equiments need to make a home cockpit ?

Which equiments do I need to make an instruments and panels ? CNC machine, and what more ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Q:How to make instruments.......A: a lot of skill I would think which sadly I don't have :Hypnotized:

Q:How to make simple panels.......A: 5mm white acrylic/jig saw/electric drill/sticky letters/paint/tweezers

It really is that easy to make a simple/basic panel,try it.... the cost for one small panel is minimal.

Regards Jim

Which equiments do I need to make an instruments and panels

About £100,000 ;)

Which equiments do I need to make an instruments and panels ? CNC machine, and what more ?

The basic one is to get Project Magenta's IFR Panel running on an older PC. on a single 19" flat screen monitor. You can enhance this with a 3mm aluminium cutouts for the gauges and place the the cutout over the panel. You can get Go flight avioincs lwith rotrary knobs that you can assign for some of the rotray knobs required for the gauages, like OBS knob etc

You can still improve on this by adding individual rotary knobs on the cutout sheet..but then you need to read up a bit on how to use i/o cards and what not. A tad more complext but doable.