Sign in to follow this  
ress

How do you program to an Alternate airport

After a go around if I want to divert to an alternate airport, what are the steps needed to set up the FMS properly and efficently to accomplish that once I decide on the alternate?

Joe Restivo (ress)

You should have an alternate well before getting to a missed approach. The second tutorial outlines setting that all up.

Kyle Rodgers

As kyle has mentioned after you have done the missed approach you have to click the rte page go to page one than imput your alternate airport than put in your star approach, rwy etc and exec the plan

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

the steps needed are explained really well in the 2nd tutorial - a must read, great info on advanced programming features such as this. You should give it a read so much to learn.

the steps needed are explained really well in the 2nd tutorial - a must read, great info on advanced programming features such as this. You should give it a read so much to learn.

Where abouts is it in the tutorial, i found out where to imput it in the fmc for the fuel calculation and distance etc, but cant find anything else on how to perform the go around proceedure for your alternate airport as the original op wanted to know I know how to do it see my earlier post but since you have said its outlined in the tutorial was wondering what page is it on

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The situation I am looking for is after a missed App and entering a hold, the airline company tells you to divert to another airport within your fuel range other then the alternate for various reasons, to position the airplane, to go to a base where maint is avaiible, emergency medical equipment available, etc.

Joe Restivo (ress)

Or pre-program the diversion route as RTE2 and activate it instantly!

George

I don't belive there is a RTE2 feature in the NGX FMC. I have seen it on the CS 757, 762, 767, PMDG 747, PMDG MD-11 (SEC F-PLN) but not the NGX

Michael Cubine

George

I don't belive there is a RTE2 feature in the NGX FMC. I have seen it on the CS 757, 762, 767, PMDG 747, PMDG MD-11 (SEC F-PLN) but not the NGX

Michael Cubine

Isn't there any??? S##t! 747 habbits... :Peace:

The situation I am looking for is after a missed App and entering a hold, the airline company tells you to divert to another airport within your fuel range other then the alternate for various reasons, to position the airplane, to go to a base where maint is avaiible, emergency medical equipment available, etc.

Joe Restivo (ress)

There is no difference. Just change the destination.

Matt Cee

There is no difference. Just change the destination.

yup you need to go to the rte page than select page 1 than imput your destination and than your star and rwy imputs

Peter kelberg

Is a simple direct to the alternate airport sufficient or is there a need to follow published routes? If yes, where does the route begin? On missed approach we are normally not on a SID to start the route.

Regards,

Andreas Thiele

Is a simple direct to the alternate airport sufficient or is there a need to follow published routes? If yes, where does the route begin? On missed approach we are normally not on a SID to start the route.

Regards,

Andreas Thiele

I think i see where you coming from imo it starts when your decide to do a missed approach you either, need to do another approach or decide to go for your alternate airport. In this case you need to enter your alternate airport in the fmc and your stars etc and than excute the flight plan

Peter kelberg

What if I'm flying a route and decide to do something totally unusual, like fly to another airport, or was told to by ATC, or had a failure and had to land somewhere else not in my flight plan along the way or even alternates.  (I'm a newbie, sorry)

Like the G1000 or the GTN750 how would I input a DIRECT TO into the FMS?

I see the real-world 737 CDU's have an actual DIR button but this one has MENU instead.

Ok, I just made a flight from KBOS to KIAD just now, autoland and everything as I wanted it.

But let's say halfway there I want to land at JFK.  How do I tell it to do a DIR TO to JFK?  Is this even possible with this FMS?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

I see the real-world 737 CDU's have an actual DIR button but this one has MENU instead.

Some of the old ones did, yes. We modeled one of the newer versions. As far as diverting goes, you just edit the RTE page to change the DEST airport to be the diversionary airport and treat the rest as a normal flight (when it comes to entering the route on the RTE pages).

If it were an emergency, chances are that you'd be ignoring the FMC and just going in via vectors at least initially. You wouldn't enter a route, though you'd still have to change the DEST airport on the RTE page and select the appropriate approach if the weather weren't good enough for a visual (which is what you would've flown today at IAD, by the way :wink: ).

Kyle Rodgers