Sign in to follow this  
SpeedPilot

My Asus P9X79 Pro squeals sometimes!

Anyone here with an Asus P9X79 Pro. I noticed that when I load FSX (after loading Windows 7), there will be squealing coming from around the CPU area of my motherboard. The second time I load FSX, the squealing does not happen unless I restart my PC and reload FSX. It sounds like mice in my PC. Also when browsing the internet, randomly there will be the very same quiet squealing for a couple of seconds coming from my PC. I sometimes will even happen when Windows 7 loads up. Happens my SSD is getting accessed as I noticed. Running the HD-Tune transfer rate test gives a high pitched squealing with my SSD and my 2nd hard drive. The squealing is not bothersome to me except for when I was running HD-Tune. To get rid of the squealing I have to turn off all CPU power-saving options in the BIOS. Had a similar problem with a 2 Gigabyte X58 boards with an i7 960 that I used to have and it was worse on that one and had to get rid of the squealing in the same way. Also setting a manual CPU vcore gets rid of the noise if I want CPU power saving features turned on except when running one of the tests in CrystalDiskMark, and it's sounds more like the beeps in a hearing test than squealing and it comes from having C1E turned on. My Intel DP67BG makes that same sound as well in CrystalDiskMark with my SSD. I contacted the manufacturer of my P9X79 Pro and the tech guy thinks it's either my hard drive accessing data or the SATA cable.