Sign in to follow this  
styckx

HOW TO: All Carenado aircraft working and fully functional

The ultimate deal breaker is no longer a deal breaker!!!! :dance: :Party: :yahoo: This is sooo simple you will scream.. I did.. I spent hours today digging in files trying to fix this nagging issue.. When I figured out the solution I planted my palm square on my face and sighed..

Set reflection detail to NONE

7136253385_364d1d4cd3_b.jpg

Yoke clicked off to show they work. This fixes everything. All aircraft work, all click spots work without modification needed.

C337

7136244587_944dcde6ab_b.jpg

182RG

7136244279_6833fd8df6_o.jpg

Malibu JetProp

6990158418_38d17196cf_o.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

You have got to be kidding me!

I'll give it a shot when I get home, thanks styckx.

:Party:

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I actually wish it was more complicated than that. :LMAO: I actually like the water better with no reflections anyway. Looks more natural.

I'm sooooooooo happy now. My entire hanger is fully functional.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

In short - just wow!

Thanks!

p. s.

Prepar3D devs need to know this...

p. p. s.

Confirmed on my system...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In short - just wow!

Thanks!

p. s.

Prepar3D devs need to know this...

I posted a short version of this fix on their forums general section so no doubt they'll see it..

You da man Homey!

BTW how did you think to try this? What was the thought process?

You da man Homey!

BTW how did you think to try this? What was the thought process?

My beta testing background. I made a commitment to view this sim differently and not be quick to judge. :) First I was trying a combination of things.. Unzipping gauges into folders (thinking it was having trouble reading the cab files), renaming folders to all lower case (thinking it was a case sensitivity issue), moving gauge cab files around, moving dlls around, converting textures to a different BMP format. You name it, I tried it.

Finally decided a last ditch effort to turn off and slide every slider to the left.. I loaded up the game and nearly pee'd my pants when the C337 loaded and the click spots worked.. So one by one I started turning things back on, each time reloading the game until it broke.. Obviously it broke when I turned the water reflections back on.. So I left them off and turned everything else back on and it still worked perfect..

Bill

Great find!

Using my Carenado fleet was a roll of the dice. Sometimes they worked and other times CTD.

I was never able to get all of the click spots before. Now everything is good.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

The ultimate deal breaker is no longer a deal breaker!!!!

Set reflection detail to NONE

Yoke clicked off to show they work. This fixes everything. All aircraft work, all click spots work without modification needed.

Brilliant, Bill!

I hope they fix it.

With the C90 everything works except for a wacky altimeter. The sweep hand is out of sync with the central digital readout. I cannot work out a fix.

Agree, this was the ultimate dealbreaker! Great find, Styckx.

..how about asking Carenado to come out with updated PP3D Versions, after all it is only a matter of time that most of us will move to LM ...

Yair

Fantastic, the 337 is one of my favourite a/c's had resorted back to FSX. Many thanks Styckx.

youngsy

..how about asking Carenado to come out with updated PP3D Versions, after all it is only a matter of time that most of us will move to LM ...

Yair

He will in the near future provide an installer for P3D. That's from the horses mouth.

If that's for only new product, or all his products etc. No idea. I don't think we will see anything till 1.4 comes out which will address the water reflection issue.

..no rush, I will wait for P3D until it will mature a bit .......

Tnx

Yair