Sign in to follow this  
utd4life10

Daylight saving?

I was just wondering.

Here in the UK now it is 20:00pm. It's still light outside, as the sun is setting as I type this.

But in FSX it is almost Dark.

SO I was thinking in March the clocks went forward, so now it is 20:00pm but before the clocks went forward it would have been 19:00pm

Does fsx take Daylight saving into account or not? I am guessing this is the reason why it's so dark in the simulator, because I should set the time to an hour behind to take into account daylight saving.

Kind Regards,

Dan

It does, but it's bugged in FSX and in FS9. If you live outside the contiguous US, the timezones are not really accurate.

I suggest you download FSRealTime which has fixed timezones (donationware) or if you prefer, download Dennis Thompson's timezone3 files available here on AVSIM (search his name, they are the same 4 files used in FSRealTime - use the FS9 files, they work fine). You'll need to install the TimeZone3 bgl files into your scenery if you download them manually. You'll find the timezones much more accuratly depicted than the default one. Note that these were made before DST was changed to November and March (in 2008 I think), so you'll still have the DST set from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hmm I downloaded and installed FS Real Time © 2002-2006 3D Softworks Design Studios, but for some strange reason the time it depicts is an hour behind the time on my system and I don't know why that is :/

FS Realtime caused reproduceable CTDs on my system - stay away if you want to keep your FSX stable.

You can keep the freeware Time Zone fix BGLs that are installed with it though.

FS Realtime caused reproduceable CTDs on my system - stay away if you want to keep your FSX stable.

I have been using FS Real time for yonks. It is very stable. You hardly know it is there. I run it via wide FS. But have used it on my FSX computer as well. Sorry, but your post is very misleading and wrong.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I've never had a problem with FS Realtime. It must be your config and/or your hardware.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I've been using FSRealTime for years on both FS9 and FSX with never a problem.

Hmm I downloaded and installed FS Real Time © 2002-2006 3D Softworks Design Studios, but for some strange reason the time it depicts is an hour behind the time on my system and I don't know why that is :/

Search me! I don't see why you're having such issues! :smile:

Could I suggest maybe you load a default flight and then move to where you want to go? The only thing I can see at this point is something is corrupting your flight that's being loaded. Give that a try. FSX gremlins are like Bigfoot...hard to find! :lol:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guys, just relating my personal experience with this software.

Glad to hear it's working for you.

Since you report no problems I will reinstall it as a test, my FsX installation is very stable at the moment so it should be indicative.