Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Looks very promising!

I bought X-Plane 10 via Amazon and installed it on my laptop last night. I'm an avid FSX on my user and plan to stick with it until the end of my desktop computer (hopefully a few years).

I did some X-Plane flying last night and today. I really like the visuals and aircraft dynamics. My brain is obviously trained to use all FSX keys and commands, but I'll tweak the assignments to make it easier to navigate.

I'm excited about the future, especially seeing interest from developers like PMDG! Plus it already looks like there plenty of other third party interest in making this sim better.

I'll continue to learn how to use it.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

If you have the time, the space and the money, there is room for both, and yet a few more :-)

After many years, and although I do not own xp10, I have came to the conclusion that the MSFS and the Xplane platforms somehow complement each other, and a simmer can profit from both. Xplane 10 really looks good, and I see a very significative effort from the devs in making it even better :-)

Congratulations from a non-xplane10 user, sometimes very critic, but with great respect for the concept and dev team ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Luis, I just purchased and installed XP10 as well, after being a FSX user (and previous versions) for years. Still working through a few configuration settings I need to figure out... then, I need to find some good aftermarket aircraft for it. Anybody have suggestions? I've been getting some emails from x-plane.org that have links and announcements about newly released add-ons and aircraft; those look nice.

Welcome aboard!

You cant go wrong with the X-avaition DC3. http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84

Or is you want a faster airliner with FMC: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=68

For General aviation, Carenado stuff is great: http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Like a nice Business jet? http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=290

There are many more, but these are my favorites.

Rob

Yes, welcome aboard too, fasten your seatbelts!

Here's the latest video I did of the new Zero, it shows off how the hdr gives some great effects. Make sure you check out the great freeware sceneries at the .org and XPFR. Try EICK Cork.

Welcome to the party! I came to X-Plane from FSX too, and I still enjoy both sims. I really like the "feel" of flight in X-Plane; it's lively, with lots of bouncing around in environments with gusty or shifting winds. I also like the default weather and recording systems. I especially like that I've crashed only once in weeks of using X-Plane, and that crash came when I tried to setup a seaplane on an asphalt runway, so it was partly user error. The default cities need work, but there are already lots of great scenery packages, many free. Ditto for aircraft. There's lots of good stuff to explore in the X-Plane universe.

I just installed TrackIR, and it is making my X-Plane exploration even more enjoyable. In the last five days, I have really focused on general aviation flying. I immediately can tell how the software design really takes advantage of all types of processors. I have to update my signature block with my laptop specs, but it's essentially a two-year old Alienware M17x series. X-Plane runs much more smoother on it, compared to FSX. MS has pretty much alienated the developer community with it's new rules for any potential third party developers. I think Laminar has already demonstrated its willingness to allow the community to make this sim even better. I also like the weather effects and the aircraft handling. The scenery looks great all around. Airport buildings and downtown areas and landmarks are what's really missing, but I'm sure Laminar will catch up when it comes to this. I'll keep playing around with X-Plane, but I can definitely say I have no regrets about the purchase.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, Luis. I just went back to fsx for a few hours to try it out, and it crashed twice, both times while I was trying to do a flight in flight sim economy (a game that involves hauling goods and passengers around in one's flight sim). By contrast, X-Plane has crashed only once for me -- ever -- in the weeks that I've been flying it. That alone keeps me sticking with X-Plane.

Since my initial impressions, I bought Javier Rollon's CRJ-200 and also installed XP10 on my desktop in the same dedicated drive as FSX. I continue to be very impressed. The CRJ-200 is a very realistic commercial regional jet that is a pleasure to fly. As far as visuals and effects, XP10 is blowing me away with weather effects on the aircraft and the the visual effect at night. These two aspects outshine FSX by miles. I also noticed Aerosoft contributed some detailed airports as part of the Custom Scenery, which was a nice surprise. I still plan on using FSX, but will definitely use XP10 a whole lot more than I initially expected. I look forward to the coming 10.1 and future follow-ons. I'm more convinced that Laminar Research is in a perfect condition to be a natural successor to FSX.

LUIS LINARES