Sign in to follow this  
g_precentralis

DCS MiG-21Bis Fishbed

It's going to be a sleepless night.... and tomorrow night... and into the weekend.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

***Update from LeatherNeck***..............

Hey Guys,

Some small adjustments and one critical fix were included in today's DCS update.
These are just changes that were either made just after the release build was frozen, or a few hours after the MiG-21 went live. Thus, it does not contain the lions' share of bugfixing or performance improvements that have been made since release.

We will keep you posted as best we can as to when we can deploy that patch.
Big thanks to you all for your patience and support! We're working hard that you all get the smoothest experience possible ASAP.

Changelog below:

DCS MiG-21bis Rev. 1350 (September 19th)

-- Fixed Force Feedback joystick functionality and constant buzzing.
-- Reversed and corrected HSI pointer logic (Circle end is now tail!) (MANUAL & TRAINING MISSIONS NOT CORRECTED TO REFLECT THIS YET)
-- Minor improvement in Cockpit framerate (3-10%)
-- Adjusted several missions, added several mission images.
-- Added “Destroyed Hulk” model and textures.
-- Corrected several protruding objects in external cockpit model.
-- Minor adjustments in FM (Note: High altitude performance and idle engine drag changes not in this rev.)

Artist
Leatherneck Simulations

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Didn't buy this one... too many already to fly :-) including my new B747-400, but am anxiously waiting for the Bf109K4 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This bird is amazing, has so much personality which just drives me to want to fly and learn more about it.

Leatherneck's Mig-21Bis, I can't stop flying it :P

At first I thought that the Mig-21 would be a bad dogfighter, but it actually is very good & very agile!

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/military-aviation/22669d1287389321-fighter-performance-actual-plane-analysis-making-best-mig-21.pdf

It's a rewarding & fun aircraft to fly, the systems are easy to learn if you're interested & the English cockpit is helpful. It does it's job as an interceptor superbly, but can also do ground attacks.

It forces you to fly like a real fighter pilot paying attention to the numbers ie. you will loose yours external wing ordinance in accordance to their weights & the G's you are pulling, if you forget to retract your landing light's above 700km/h, they will be shred off....small details like that makes this as in RL.

The attention to details & the level of simulation is just amazing!

Thank you Leatherneck Simulations for this amazing masterpiece :rolleyes:

DCS World is actually, IMO, the best flight simulation platform currently available. The products they're releasing like the great ww2 warbirds are taking all of my simmer time... progressively lost all interest in civil sims, although yesterday I bought ( for €4,99 ) FSX SE to use as an alternative scenery generator for PSX :)

I was afraid of getting the Mig21 because of the russian cockpit, but you refer an english one? Is that an option when you load your model in DCS ? A menu option? If it is, then Great Idea!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I was afraid of getting the Mig21 because of the russian cockpit, but you refer an english one? Is that an option when you load your model in DCS ? A menu option? If it is, then Great Idea!

jcomm, the module comes with an English cockpit and the depth of this module is insane.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/images/mig21bis/russian-eng-comparison.jpg

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

The default built in cockpit is the English cockpit, if you want the Russian cockpit there's a menu option to change that.

Also all the Russian & German cockpits in DCS have English cockpit mods, that are easily manged, I use English cockpit's for the Mi-8, Su-27/25, Ka-50 & Fw-190. 

/Edit: just saw PWJT8D beat me to the answer, anyway you've got 2 answers now :)/

jcomm, the module comes with an English cockpit and the depth of this module is insane.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/images/mig21bis/russian-eng-comparison.jpg

The default built in cockpit is the English cockpit, if you want the Russian cockpit there's a menu option to change that.

Also all the Russian & German cockpits in DCS have English cockpit mods, that are easily manged, I use English cockpit's for the Mi-8, Su-27/25, Ka-50 & Fw-190. 

/Edit: just saw PWJT8D beat me to the answer, anyway you've got 2 answers now :)/

Thank you both.... I guess I really have o try that one too :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Does the Mig-21 come with the English Cockpit version as part of the download package, or is it necessary to obtain a JSGME compatible user mod?

Does the Mig-21 come with the English Cockpit version as part of the download package, or is it necessary to obtain a JSGME compatible user mod?

My install did not come with English option - but it is a really simple plane. Looks like lots of switches most you just turn on at startup on forget - compared to the A-10 it is very easy. A couple of flights and you will not think about it.

Edit: There is a "Custom Cockpit Livery" i believe that reads your language and may change it - Just never used it.

Here is the English Mod too: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=339

Edit 2: graphically it is the best DCS module - IMO

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

What I found out is that there is that there is a directory in there called Custom that has a descriptions Lua file in it that makes it point to the default Rus. cockpit textures even when "Custom Cockpit Livery" is enabled. You have to copy the textures and the description.lua in there from the Eng. lang textures directory, and then the "Custom Cockpit Livery" option works.